Author Topic: Primera Forum - Nissan Drag Day "July 07" Classes Discussion  (Read 1878 times)

ceasar

Primera Forum - Nissan Drag Day "July 07" Classes Discussion

We are that much closer to the meet. Trying to keep some of the topics seperate, I wanted to hear what is being planned for classes.

- What are the classes ?

- What about racers who are trying to break a previous best et ? Will classes be the only way we can race, and will it interfere with some peeps that are looking to go all out for that .1 second better run, lol ?

- Along with classes will there be grudge racing?

Will leave it at that for now, for me I was just concerned about having to race a DYO type race, or a fixed bracket style race. Hoping there will be a spot for heads up, or test n tune style runs.

cheers
cc

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
Re: Primera Forum - Nissan Drag Day "July 07" Classes Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 10 May, 2007, 06:58:02 PM »
soon as we get there, there will be pratice runs to get people in the racing mood then the classes will be raced till lunch and maybe later lunch break and then grudge racing/ all for all racing where my gearbox will be wishing it was never made ;D

classes i thought up so far
- turbo
- na
- 2litre and less
- 2litre and more

it won't be knock out just keep going to better your time

Ex:    fastest auto 16.02

NOW: manual DE 14.8 knock maps
          manual VE 15.011

P10LRD

« Reply #2 on: 10 May, 2007, 07:09:55 PM »
what about,

fwd 2ltr up
"     2ltr less
"     turbo
4wd 2ltr up
"      2ltr less
"      turbo
rwd 2ltr up
"     2ltr less
"     turbo

just ideas

R3SPCT

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: 10 May, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »
Too many classes for 70 cars.  I rekon do heads up for a couple of hours, anyone who want to line someone else up just get in line together.  The may do a round of DYO, then see if there are enough peeps who want to do a round of eliminations in classes. 

The guys that run it dont mind what we do, so we can send whatever cars down the track as we please.

Its good without being too strict on classes, other wise its easy to be gasbagging and miss your turn. 

BR4DY

« Reply #4 on: 10 May, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »
I think have classes... so each car is in its own class.... and then for the first half of the day have anyone can line anyone up... but they're still racing in their class.... then after lunch we can work out who's had the fastest times so far in each class, and then line them up accordingly:

i.e. 1 & 2 from turbo class, then 3 & 4 from turbo class.... would make for some good close battles... because before the day most people wont know who they can match up against...

Just my 2c :)

ceasar

« Reply #5 on: 10 May, 2007, 08:34:33 PM »
all that sounds cool to me ! will be so much fun to just  drive "hard as" all day ! i still think there are going to be heaps of close racing with many of the cars, which will make the racing very fun !

good idea on the grudges and picking out someone to race. some may want to grudge certain cars that run close to the same times, etc. at any rate, its going to be big !

OPTMAS

• VE WHAT?
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
  • Independent P10
« Reply #6 on: 10 May, 2007, 08:44:35 PM »
I think have classes... so each car is in its own class.... and then for the first half of the day have anyone can line anyone up... but they're still racing in their class.... then after lunch we can work out who's had the fastest times so far in each class, and then line them up accordingly

I agree with that.. i think its better to put cars in classes so its nice close/fair racing! that way it makes it more interesting and exciting  ;D

Equal Fastest NA P10 ~ 14.8

Jeremy

« Reply #7 on: 10 May, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »
I love to have the Meras line up.
Get the fastest meras, then line them up against the fastest of the other groups.
Get some bragging rights  ;D

sprayit

« Reply #8 on: 10 May, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »
I think have classes... so each car is in its own class.... and then for the first half of the day have anyone can line anyone up... but they're still racing in their class.... then after lunch we can work out who's had the fastest times so far in each class, and then line them up accordingly

I agree with that.. i think its better to put cars in classes so its nice close/fair racing! that way it makes it more interesting and exciting  ;D

x2  Yea no fun geting smoked all day. Do you guys think my p11 will run if
i advance timing to 30 :D

partial unit

« Reply #9 on: 10 May, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »
yea itd run wouldnt make ne more power

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
« Reply #10 on: 10 May, 2007, 10:37:40 PM »
i know who i wanna grudge race against not looking at anyone "cough" "cough" brent cough cough ;D

manual VE 15.011

sprayit

« Reply #11 on: 10 May, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »
i know who i wanna grudge race against not looking at anyone "cough" "cough" brent cough cough ;D

your on big guy ;D..... now where is  that avgas thread :D

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
« Reply #12 on: 10 May, 2007, 11:14:51 PM »
good stuff but don't blow your car up cause i don't want dirty p11 bits on my p10

manual VE 15.011

Sacrafyc

« Reply #13 on: 11 May, 2007, 08:37:07 AM »
lol ^^

spike

« Reply #14 on: 11 May, 2007, 08:47:36 AM »
good stuff but don't blow your car up cause i don't want dirty p11 bits on my p10

Dont ya mean the other way around when the gearbox falls out the bottom  ::)