Author Topic: DRAG DAY DE BRIEF  (Read 5696 times)

skyline finatic

Re: DRAG DAY DE BRIEF
« Reply #15 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:17:59 PM »
yea thanks 4 all who organised the event it was actually beta than the professionally organised events i have watchd it was my 1st drag day and i run a 12.5 in my gtr did n e 1 manager to get faster than me ? especially thanks 2 kerian who let me use his spare helmet thanks man ur a legend without u i wood hav just been watching

alexsc

« Reply #16 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:20:01 PM »
Yeh the blue gtir managed to run a 12.4 i think....someone correct me if im wrong.

Is the excel sheet with everyones times going to be published?

grim_reaper

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:23:44 PM »
Im stoked with my 14.7. Paients worked well.

JoeGT

• Treasurer
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #18 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:28:21 PM »
Wow.. excellent weekend.. Lots of things to be stoked about.

The weather held !
There was great turnout..
The Champion Drawway people were impresed with us.

I think most of us had a lot of fun.

Penny and I were particualarly stoked to be able to FINALLY have BANISH there and doing its thing (shows how much we were focusing on that.. LITHE only did 3 runs.. haha). And we were even happier that it was able to drive home again too.

Pretty happy with out best time of 12.58. It ended up the 3rd fastest time of the day overall (behind Ben in the GTI-R at 12.46 and the r33 GTR at 12.52). Bring on : a prepped track, sunny day, smaller lighter wheels with better tyres, a z32 maf, some tuning, some more boost and launch control and I think the 11s we have spoken about wanting this car to do are very achieveable.. (oh and clutch too - producing too much power for this one now)

I hope everyone had fun. There was a lot of little rivalaries going on and I think that is what makes these days so much better.

Bring on more of them and more of the track days as well..

Thanks to all the people who helpd out on the day.. was hard work up in the tower to start off with huh! and I sure you guys out there on the staging lanes etc were getting cold too.

I have the full list of times for all of the races and I am just todying up a few problems with the driver/car not being identified etc and I'll post up a PDF version of the leaderboard and the results.. and then a slightly modified version of the excel spreadsheet taht will let you look up all your runs and anyone elses you are interested quickly and easily.

punkoutnz

• Cool Sunroof Bro
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Did you just spill my drink??
« Reply #19 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »
That was an absolutely awesome day! Thanks so much to the guys who were putting in the hard yards today with keeping things flowing well you did an amazing job. I had an absolute blast!
My PB for the day was 15.56@145kph with full interior and being relatively "gentle" (no flat shifting and such) so I'm pretty happy with that. Twas awesome staging against Paul, I guess we're pretty evenly matched, you must have a little bit more power (and a little more aggression, haha). Some pretty great times were being set today! Well done to everyone who set a new PB, I know there were a few!

WATDA

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #20 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »
What a day. Soo damn tired now. Was great seeing all the nissans out there and also the guys who traveled up to come to this meet. Was awesome and lots of PB's going down. I strugled to get any kind of traction in the S15 until midway through 3rd gear and got 14.9@166k. Was good fun with the rwd but jumped back in Shannon's, Darren's and Neal's P10's later in the day for a blast, Cheers guys :)
EX: Primera TE
14.9@151km/h

EX: P11 wagon  
151kw @wheels
13.7@161km/h

EX:P10 TE Thrasher
14.8@150km/h

Ex: S15 Silvia Spec R
222rwkw
12.83@179km/h

Current: JZX110 Mark2
246rwkw of auto madness!

Wazza

• Life Member
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Harden the f**k up!!
« Reply #21 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:49:38 PM »
Great to see the event went off with no problems.
Huge thank you to all the effort that was put in by all the people behind the scene's.
Look forward to hearing more news during the next few days.
Was getting a few text's during the day to keep me up-to-date as to what was happening....thanks

Wazza

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
« Reply #22 on: 15 July, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »
well increased the auto record to 16.02 so half way happy, couldn't kill the auto and you guys saw the abuse i was giving it, piss off with it not dieing so its gonna be changed anyway.

who had the most runs???

Ex:    fastest auto 16.02

NOW: manual DE 14.8 knock maps
          manual VE 15.011

200 sti

« Reply #23 on: 15 July, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »
Great day ..no traction...did my personal best    at 14.1 and trap at 180.kms
need more grip..    JORDIN

evldan

« Reply #24 on: 15 July, 2007, 09:12:27 PM »
I had 13 runs....and it was 4 runs into it that I got my 14.33 and couldn't beat that the rest of the day.
Which I think was the quickest VE for the day?

R3SPCT

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
Re: Drag Day DeBrief thread
« Reply #25 on: 15 July, 2007, 09:14:41 PM »

I ran 12.6 with evlnxr, and 15.9 with my p10 liftback (sr20ve, stock ecu, stock p10 zorst, 195 x 14 cheapy tires)

I thought that P10 eGT was quick. Is it still auto or manual?

Manual, 3.8 lsd box.  I was pretty happy for such a stock setup.

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
« Reply #26 on: 15 July, 2007, 10:04:35 PM »
here was my best run

Ex:    fastest auto 16.02

NOW: manual DE 14.8 knock maps
          manual VE 15.011

p10-lah

• Rice Jr
  • NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: 15 July, 2007, 10:17:27 PM »
BIG THANKS to all who was involved in running this event!! I definitely enjoyed it! was stoked about my 15.3sec run in my stock p10 and some how managed to pull one R/T of 0.010sec  :D

Looking forward to something similar in the future!  :)

(p.s. can any one beat my rt of .005???? was stoked when i pulled that)

I was pretty close  :P
« Last Edit: 15 July, 2007, 10:46:01 PM by p10-lah »

ceasar

« Reply #28 on: 15 July, 2007, 11:25:42 PM »
many thanks to the NZ Primera Car Club, and everyone who put this together. was a great day and was glad to be apart of it. I have so much video footage, dont even know where to start. thinking i will make short clips and then do a big meet video for download and put them up on youtube.

was great to be amongst all the nissans today, my best was 13.530@101mph

look forward to next years meet !! i think we did a great job trying to tame that track today !

way to go evldan !!!!

many thanks
cc

2RETTS

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: 16 July, 2007, 12:00:25 AM »
I had a blast just watching & catching up with everybody / meeting the other NZPCC guys & girls that I chat to a lot but hadn't caught up with in person yet.

Loved watching the racing, Ben's little GTiR was a giant killer & I really enjoyed Will & EVLDAN's Pulsars lining up against each other over & over. Big smiles all 'round at the end, another great NZPCC day.

And BANISH... it lives, it lives!

Thanks again to Greg for setting up the day & Team Nissan Auckland & Barry for organising the prizes + all those helping out around the track.

:)