Author Topic: DRAG DAY DE BRIEF  (Read 5693 times)

Foneguy

DRAG DAY DE BRIEF
« on: 15 July, 2007, 05:49:57 PM »
Thought I would start a thread for people to post pictures, comments or links
to video clips from the Nissan Drag Day at Meremere today,

....rather than having 10 other threads covering the same stuff.

It was a great day had by all, a couple of spits of rain before I left at 2:30pm.
Was rapped that I managed to just beat my old CVTM6 wagon time of 17.3
in the UK GT Hatch, by doing 17.2 @ 132 km/hr.  I'm stoked.
« Last Edit: 15 July, 2007, 07:16:13 PM by madandy »

timmyp34

Re: Drag Day DeBrief thread
« Reply #1 on: 15 July, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »
i best was 17.2 @126!

Sorry about the "oil" i put on the track guys it turns out i have some kinda leak in my boot and it water in it(i mean wtf) but at least it wasnt from the engine!

It was a good day!i had heaps of fun getting my ass kicked

R3SPCT

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: 15 July, 2007, 06:33:30 PM »
I had to retire with a oil leak on the front of the engine somewhere, got home ok, but the oil on the zorst was geting a bit stinky.

Not a bad day at all, the weather was pretty good for the time of the year, and i didnt really think the track was too bad all things considered.

I ran 12.6 with evlnxr, and 15.9 with my p10 liftback (sr20ve, stock ecu, stock p10 zorst, 195 x 14 cheapy tires)

I have some vid to upload to the computer as soon as i get a firewire cable.

P10LRD

« Reply #3 on: 15 July, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »
yea not a bad day was mean!! my 1st nzpcc meet! loved it! best was a 15.6 @ 145. did it with a rooted clutch ( may of seen on my 3rd run against darren) and the cheepish 195 15's that got swaped for the 18's from early on in the day. cant wait to do it again make a few improvments and be ready to takle new goals. good stuff. hope it makes the pages of nzpc mag. well done all organisers and volentires. and perfect day. (minus the bloody cold - which did help the cars though)

Foneguy

« Reply #4 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:05:51 PM »

I ran 12.6 with evlnxr, and 15.9 with my p10 liftback (sr20ve, stock ecu, stock p10 zorst, 195 x 14 cheapy tires)

I thought that P10 eGT was quick. Is it still auto or manual?

madandy

• wannabe racer
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • CB900F Hornet!
« Reply #5 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
Yep good day indeed!
 Well done to all those who had a hand in the planning and running of the event. It's about time NISSAN clubs got together! Well done Greg for getting the ball rolling.
I had a ball racing LITHE, REVVVL & BANISH...I think I set the slowest times for each car for the day LOL. GIMME my GT-R back!
 Great seeing everyone again after quite a while too, we will probably have our son with us next time we see you all together like that again!
old, fat & slow - not as slow as you though.

Winkie

• DE what???
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
Re: DRAG DAY DE BRIEF
« Reply #6 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »
Was a great day indead, I wasn't have much luck but then gave the keys to Andrew and was stoked to see her get into the 15's. The match up with Darren was cool too and showed a few things that need sorting. You should have raced the ute Andy againt the Pajero.

alexsc

« Reply #7 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:23:13 PM »
Sure was an awesome day!!!
It was cool that we could all get heaps of runs in....I got a lot of practice at launching  ;D
Started doing 15.8s and then ended up doing a 15.003@155kmh at the end of the day.
So was really stoked with that  ;D ;D ;D
But yeh big thumbs up for everyone that helped organise this.
Looking forward to the next one  ;D ;D

madandy

• wannabe racer
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • CB900F Hornet!
« Reply #8 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:34:02 PM »
155km/h! dude that car keeps getting faster :) m7 14.8 was at 153 so imaging som traction through 2nd gear! good driving Alex.

Winkie..we joked about the Hilux racing the masturbator but I didn't want to rob Zac of the days slowest time prize lol.
old, fat & slow - not as slow as you though.

NocaBiwik

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • You, outside, NOW!
« Reply #9 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:38:57 PM »
Sure was an awesome day!!!
It was cool that we could all get heaps of runs in....I got a lot of practice at launching  ;D
Started doing 15.8s and then ended up doing a 15.003@155kmh at the end of the day.
So was really stoked with that  ;D ;D ;D
But yeh big thumbs up for everyone that helped organise this.
Looking forward to the next one  ;D ;D

yeah well done alex

kieran was like OMGWTFBBQ when you went screaming past lol!

PulsatorPower

• What a Stallion!
  • Post Whore
  • Neal
« Reply #10 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:39:47 PM »
Gotta say a HUGE big ups to ALL the helpers, everyone who organised the event, EVERYONE... Also a huge thanks to newmarket nissan, in two locations in Manukau and Newmarket!

Was such a good day. We definately have to make this an annual thing.

Best for the day was a 14.9 ;) cheers Andrew.

Darren - niiiiice work man. Had good rivalry going all day. Was awesome fun.

And yeah... my oil pump did decide to break again - but hey, its not the worst thing that could of happened. And it happened at the best possibe time. at 8000rpm would have been a different story...

Cheers Kieran and Tim for the tow!

Its Business Time...

www.kiwiscanfly.com

evldan

« Reply #11 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:45:05 PM »
Was a brilliant day! just a shame I didn't get to see too much racing (as I was racing)
Had a good battle with Will for Fastest VZ-R of the day....sorry Will that was 5-0 to me  ;D
I even set a new personal best for me, so it was well worth the effort, thanks guys/gals!!!!

shorty

« Reply #12 on: 15 July, 2007, 07:59:17 PM »
Today was mint. Bloody cold, and I am wind and sun burnt, but I enjoyed the racing I did see when I wasn't off trying to get warm. I took quite afew pics with Andrews camera, not sure wether he'll upload them or not...

I should have bought my car down to see what Andrew could get in it  ::)

;D

Foneguy

« Reply #13 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:03:26 PM »
Video of REVVVL and SMX007 battling it out

gtrimera

« Reply #14 on: 15 July, 2007, 08:07:52 PM »
yeah big thanks to all organisers and helpers day ran nicely, realy good meet and my bbq enjoyed the trip to lol  :P. good to get my "stock" primera out for a run. did a personal best of 13.27 @ 169 down from 13.7 and all i did was add that stupid looken pipe in the bonnet and took out the frnt seat lol. cheers for the good event well worth the money.
(p.s. can any one beat my rt of .005???? was stoked when i pulled that)