Author Topic: drag day real prices please read!!  (Read 1151 times)

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
Re: drag day real prices please read!!
« Reply #15 on: 06 April, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
i'll find out because i'm sure they have the timing boards going at the end of the track for us

Ex:    fastest auto 16.02

NOW: manual DE 14.8 knock maps
          manual VE 15.011

2RETTS

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: 06 April, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »
Either way, I'm in as long as we can get accurate 1/4 mile E/T's down. Perhaps we can have a whip 'round so that Brady can race too as he's always been so good at helping out 'n all.

I'll kick in the first 20 bucks.

BR4DY

« Reply #17 on: 07 April, 2007, 12:13:42 AM »
So if someone wanted a laptop to record times, they could just do the database and type it in at the same time as writing the slips.
This sounds good to me :)

Then I can post all the times on here.  And at the end of the day we have a record off all times and can see the top runs for prizes (if we have them???)

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
« Reply #18 on: 08 April, 2007, 06:56:58 PM »
can you please tell me what you guys wanna do about which prices to go with, please!!!!!!!

manual VE 15.011

timmyp34

« Reply #19 on: 08 April, 2007, 07:11:38 PM »
Do we need prizes? if so how ould you win them? maybe the winner/s get there $$ refunded

2RETTS

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: 08 April, 2007, 07:26:22 PM »
Either is good for me, I'll just go with what the majority want to do.

spike

« Reply #21 on: 08 April, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »
Cheap is good!! And Im not worried about 60 foot times etc. etc.

Im sure if i get a slow time, that means my 60 foot time is slow also  ::) hehehe!!

P10LRD

« Reply #22 on: 09 April, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »
i dont think 60ft times are important. id say the most of us just wana hit the tarmac and see how fast they can get to the end of 400m with there speed over the line. thats all i wont. and maybe we can ring in a few mates to act as bouncers so to speek to keep the extras turning up out of the place. just an idea. so the cheeper club one i think. and itll keep prices down for us lesser off members lol

WATDA

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: 09 April, 2007, 07:14:34 PM »
Cheaper would be better cost wise, but full timing with 60ft etc is very useful
EX: Primera TE
14.9@151km/h

EX: P11 wagon  
151kw @wheels
13.7@161km/h

EX:P10 TE Thrasher
14.8@150km/h

Ex: S15 Silvia Spec R
222rwkw
12.83@179km/h

Current: JZX110 Mark2
246rwkw of auto madness!

M@R|<

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
  • [ DEFOC8 ]
« Reply #24 on: 09 April, 2007, 10:51:14 PM »
I like the idea of the hole system with 60ft times too as i want to see how well im getting off the line

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
« Reply #25 on: 10 April, 2007, 01:24:56 PM »
They want another $2k for the full system? Bugger that, go for the cheaper one IMO.  The higher the individual cost (and $100 for drags is up there), the less people we will have interested.  I don't wanna see this event cost the club a lot of money.

Brady, loving your sense of dedication.  If you want, I can supply my laser printer so that the timesheets would be spat out much quicker.
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

BR4DY

« Reply #26 on: 10 April, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
They want another $2k for the full system? Bugger that, go for the cheaper one IMO.  The higher the individual cost (and $100 for drags is up there), the less people we will have interested.  I don't wanna see this event cost the club a lot of money.

Brady, loving your sense of dedication.  If you want, I can supply my laser printer so that the timesheets would be spat out much quicker.
Yup this would be better :D And cheaper to run too... and we can get the timesheets photocopied (in colour maybe) then just print the text out onto the timesheet after each run.

Wouldn't be hard at all!  I personally think it'd be quite a waste of money going for the higher priced one... when the only notable difference is the 60-foot time.  One you add the prices up for getting there/food etc it'll become quite expensive, so the cheap option IMO would be best :D

PHAT6

« Reply #27 on: 10 April, 2007, 02:20:57 PM »
Like Caesar's Chariot said I'm happy to pay $100 for the meet ($4,500NZD divided by 45 drivers) but who else is and how many are going to pre-pay to get this thing of the ground?

PulsatorPower

• What a Stallion!
  • Post Whore
  • Neal
« Reply #28 on: 10 April, 2007, 03:20:08 PM »
Agreed. $100 is too expensive IMO, once you add gas, food etc etc its going to turn  into one very expensive day. I dont think its worth the extra money for the full timing gear, when we can get pretty bloody close to it with the printed time slips etc.
Its Business Time...

www.kiwiscanfly.com

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
« Reply #29 on: 10 April, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
ok i'm booking for the cheaper one cause the number of people wanting cheaper is higher than the more expensive one, so that is sorted.

i'll be organising another in conjuction with the other clubs late in the year running full price and possibly against nz honda or simialar. so this earlier one will be a great pratice one and a good way to meet some of the other clubs, thank for all the support from ours and the others clubs cheers guys  :)

manual VE 15.011