Author Topic: drag day real prices please read!!  (Read 1152 times)

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
drag day real prices please read!!
« on: 05 April, 2007, 06:23:36 PM »
ok my stuff up, i thought she meant 2000 but i was surpose to add it on

Club fee - $1350inc
full track and staff - $3600inc
Ambulance - $500approx  we need to supply
Crash crew - $281inc

sorry about that guys i stuffed up, let me know if we still want full track and staff etc, cause need to tell her, we are booked in for the 26th of may and forms are being sent to me now.

club fee we get a light man and light tree and time boards, but we do our own time silps

Full track and staff they have the time slips etc and staff to run the event

they  supply the crash crew costs $300 approx
« Last Edit: 05 April, 2007, 09:16:40 PM by nismo_nut »

Ex:    fastest auto 16.02

NOW: manual DE 14.8 knock maps
          manual VE 15.011

R3SPCT

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
Re: drag day real prices please read!!
« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2007, 07:16:53 PM »
From the Z Club day i did a while ago, the club fee is ok, but you get hand written time slips, with no 60 foot times etc, just ET and Speed.  Also you need some one with good hand writing, i thought i was running 12.06 and it was 12.66.

With a few helpers to run the staging and start line etc, and a couple to help out in the tower, it works quite well. 

We also did a round of dyo, which i won  ;D, and that was prety cool, otherwise it was just heads up racing, and becasue we are all mates, you can race anyone you like.

The timing system doesnt cost any more to run with the proper system, but with only one staff member on site, its hard for him to control things with the printer and 60ft markers and half track markers having to be set up and all. 

I personally think the club fee would be the best value for money unless we are talking about over 100 cars.

M4VR1K

« Reply #2 on: 05 April, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »
, we are booked in for the 26th

26th of??

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
« Reply #3 on: 05 April, 2007, 09:16:13 PM »
changed opps day of stuff ups

Ex:    fastest auto 16.02

NOW: manual DE 14.8 knock maps
          manual VE 15.011

BR4DY

« Reply #4 on: 05 April, 2007, 11:40:58 PM »
club fee we get a light man and light tree and time boards, but we do our own time silps
I am happy to bring my ibook laptop, i'll set up a spreadsheet to keep track of everyones times during the day, and can bring my printer, and print some slips out with the times on them!  Wont be hard to do at all, I can just setup a template slip, get it photocopied (cheaper than printing) then on the day, print the car name, driver, ET, speed straight onto the slip, and then i'll also post up all the times on here at the end of the day :)

Im more than happy to do this for the day, if we could include the price of petrol for me to get there and back, and a bit for ink/paper etc.

Evolva

• Leighton
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #5 on: 06 April, 2007, 12:36:10 AM »
ive got a champion dragway written timeslip if you need it

evldan

« Reply #6 on: 06 April, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »
So that would mean we need near double the numbers we have now? a few more cars would be good anyway.
In saying that I'm happy with the "club" spec day if that's going to be what we can do.
I'd even chip in a few dollars for Brady! ;D

timmyp34

« Reply #7 on: 06 April, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »
Even with the full track op it isnt going to be over $100 if 70 cars came but if Br4dy can do to the time slips there's not much point getting the full track

ceasar

« Reply #8 on: 06 April, 2007, 12:16:45 PM »
how many cars are in and how many potentials ? not to good with math but if its 4500 for the full meal deal, then 45 cars at 100 bucks, im ok with that but not sure how others may feel.

could the laptop timeslip setup be explained a bit more ? is this just hooking up your laptop to the timing system, and how much data would be on the slip?

BR4DY

« Reply #9 on: 06 April, 2007, 12:21:18 PM »
This is how I see it (Someone correct me if bits are wrong)

There's all the timing gear set up, which is hooked up to a screen somewhere, which after you run displays the ET and speed for the lane...

Before the race starts, I will record the Car number (which I will set up in a database which has all the driver details etc already), so ill make something where I just type in the car number, ET and speed in, which then saves it into the spreadsheet/database...

Then I will print these details onto a time slip (which will have car details, ET, and Speed on it)

Or I can just post them all up on this website after, and create PDF versions of the time slips... and then if people wanted to print them out after the even they can do?  I think this would be better, as (depending on times between runs) it might be hard to get the slips printed, and put out somwhere for the driver to pick up.  Would also mean I wouldn't have to muck around with the printer, and can just focus on putting everyones numbers into the database.  Then after the event (prob that might) will convert all these numbers into PDF version of timeslips, which can be downloaded where ever I put the results up :)

punkoutnz

• Cool Sunroof Bro
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Did you just spill my drink??
« Reply #10 on: 06 April, 2007, 12:57:21 PM »
I'd be happy with that procedure aye, Brady. Saves scanning time slips onto the computer for bragging rights anyway.

Sacrafyc

« Reply #11 on: 06 April, 2007, 01:06:45 PM »
sounds good! :D

PulsatorPower

• What a Stallion!
  • Post Whore
  • Neal
« Reply #12 on: 06 April, 2007, 02:45:53 PM »
yeah club one sounds all good.

I think thats a good idea too brady,  but I still think we should have written slips, so when we finish our run, we know what time we got... rather than having to wait a couple of days for you to put them up on the web
Its Business Time...

www.kiwiscanfly.com

Sacrafyc

« Reply #13 on: 06 April, 2007, 03:53:33 PM »
Agreed ^^

R3SPCT

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: 06 April, 2007, 09:15:10 PM »
Writen time slips would still be available.  The cheap system just has a box with two sides, one for each lane, and a led number display with the ET and kph that displays at the end of ech run, then the person runnig the machine writes it on a time slip, and drops it down the piece of ventilation pipe that is down the side of the tower into a little box, then someone hands it to the driver.  So if someone wanted a laptop to record times, they could just do the database and type it in at the same time as writing the slips.

Biggest disadvantge with this is no 60 foot times, which for the serious person is nice to know how well you are hooking the car off the line, and no timing boards at the end of the track, so you need to have a commentator for spectators to know whats going on.

The other system is a really old PC, that records all the details, and prints the slips on the printer at the bottom of the tower, and can also generate a printout at the end of all the times. 

Club day is nice, because if the club is well organised and peeps are prepared to keep things organised, you can line up anyone, anytime you want, run a round or two of dyo, and you will get heaps of runs.  You can still run na cars vs na cars, turbo vs turbo etc.

If there was a huge number of cars coming, and lots of advertising, then the full system is better because the staff helps keep  the unknown peeps that rock on up in control.

Its a shame there isnt a inbetween price with the minimal staff, but the good timing gear.