Author Topic: drag day numbers  (Read 2574 times)

P10PrimeraGal

Re: drag day numbers
« Reply #30 on: 03 April, 2007, 09:06:16 AM »
Greg, Joe and I will be keen with both our cars - BANISH P10 turbo and LITHE 2.2L P11

Re: timeslips - definitely think we should do it properly and use Champion's timing gear and printers etc.  With the number of people it looks like we should get the cost pp won't be too much more.  Ditto Andy's comments about credibility. 

Also, IIRC you are not allowed any sub-12sec cars with the cheaper options.  Which would mean we might only race BANISH once on this day if all went to plan!  ;D

JoeGT

• Treasurer
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #31 on: 03 April, 2007, 09:19:14 AM »

Yup def keen on racing both cars.. (have to try and hold on to the turbo and NA club records for as long as we can cos there are a lot of you that are going to make it interesting)

And I agree - seeing as it looks like we are going to have the numbers to justify it, we should look to go for the best timing gear, saftey options - cos if there are going to be some of the faster cars then we want them to be able to participate for the whole day. And I am sure that everyone wants to have "official" time slips for "Bragging" rights..

Ideal to have a bit of a cross section of the Nissan community there too.. I sure there will be a few challenges laid down :)

PHAT6

« Reply #32 on: 03 April, 2007, 10:12:51 AM »
Nismo_Nut please add me to your list.

PHAT6 - 1996 SMX Maxima (Auto).

If you need contact details etc I'll get them to you.

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
« Reply #33 on: 03 April, 2007, 10:23:56 AM »
I was expecting this to be later in the year, i.e. springtime.  Could have a bit of difficulty getting it all organised in such a short timeframe, particularly if you want numbers ASAP.

Put me down as an entry, can help out when I'm not racing too.  I know a guy who may be able to sort an ambulance for us too.
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

punkoutnz

• Cool Sunroof Bro
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Did you just spill my drink??
« Reply #34 on: 03 April, 2007, 11:04:56 AM »
I actually think it could work in our favour if we have it on a shorter notice. That way people don't have time to lose interest before the day. I mean, you don't really have to have too much notice to get your car there, it's the organisation on our part which will be a rush but it's definitely doable!

PulsatorPower

• What a Stallion!
  • Post Whore
  • Neal
« Reply #35 on: 03 April, 2007, 11:16:51 AM »
You can put me down as confirmed
Its Business Time...

www.kiwiscanfly.com

evldan

« Reply #36 on: 03 April, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »
Well at 28 so far...that's $1680 (if $60 each)...plus I think $5 a spectator isn't steep, that way we could possibly get full track gear? (if they ever get back to you with prices!)

madandy

• wannabe racer
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • CB900F Hornet!
« Reply #37 on: 03 April, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »
Think about a regular NSDW or whatever night when there are what, 150+ cars...I'd like to see at least 60-80 cars racing otherwise there's gonna be a lot of burnt out clutches/Auto trannies if people try to keep running without decent cool down periods...
 Last I remember the 26th was stated as being the soonest available date yet  people stated that they'd prefer to do this on a Sunday...I don't mind personally but guarantee better attendance and inter-club rivalry if we consider the dates that suit others as well as ourselves.

The cheap option in fine for low numbers but I feel the cost per person with 60-70 participants would be so worth it to get the REAL timeslips, safty crew etc and some FAST cars running also...someone mentioned $5 for spectators? Who the hell is gonna pay to watch cars running between 12 &17 odd seconds?!

old, fat & slow - not as slow as you though.

BR4DY

« Reply #38 on: 03 April, 2007, 03:37:32 PM »
Whats the difference between what we currently have and the full track gear? 

evldan

« Reply #39 on: 03 April, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »
Fair enough, but at night speed there are about 100 cars too many! and they charge $15 to watch 17sec runs! (I'm pointing in your direction Winkie!  ;D )
But yeah you're right, a good number like 60-80 would probably do the trick..and maybe if numbers are quite low, then charge the viewers?....I'm sure Joe and his Primera collection will put on a good show to watch!  ;)

punkoutnz

• Cool Sunroof Bro
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Did you just spill my drink??
« Reply #40 on: 03 April, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »
Why dont we just charge the viewers 50 bux to watch and we can all race for free!!! :D:D

I have no life so chances are whenever you organise this, I'll be free to race :P

BR4DY

« Reply #41 on: 03 April, 2007, 04:03:10 PM »
Why dont we just charge the viewers 50 bux to watch and we can all race for free!!! :D:D
haha cause then no1 would view... but just say that they're going to race... pull up to the start line... pull of granny styles.... run a 20sec run... park up... watch the rest of the cars for free... haha

maybe you should rethink your plan?  Everyone who doesnt pay $50 gets blindfolded so they cant watch?  Including the drivers :D

alexsc

« Reply #42 on: 03 April, 2007, 04:45:08 PM »
I reckon we should go for the full track setup as well.
Be good to have a lot of fast cars down there.

If we're struggling with the numbers....then we could invite non-nssans as well.
Cos I'm sure there will be heaps of mitsi boys keen to race

quik p11

• Forum Lurker
  • NISMO
« Reply #43 on: 03 April, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
yay i got the day off work ill be there for sher so its 50 buks each that includ entry fee and race fee

lowrota

« Reply #44 on: 03 April, 2007, 05:01:53 PM »
yeah i will be a spectator so does that mean im in for $5 :D