Author Topic: Aftermarket Sway Bars  (Read 386 times)

mist0o

• Hi There!
Aftermarket Sway Bars
« on: 24 September, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to the club and own a 92 N14 X1R. I was interested in upgrading the sway bars as I would like it to handle better. I've been searching up and down the net and have not been able to find anything that seems decently priced and not unbranded Chinese gear, can anyone direct me to where I could find reputable ones for a decent price? Thanks in advance

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
Re: Aftermarket Sway Bars
« Reply #1 on: 28 September, 2020, 09:54:53 PM »
You won't get much of an upgrade from changing the front sway bar, Whiteline make a rear bar that's a nice upgrade though - part number is BNR13Z, you should be able to order one through your local Autolign or BNT. They were about $300 last time I bought one.

mist0o

• Hi There!
« Reply #2 on: 12 October, 2020, 04:42:13 PM »
I just heard back from Autolign and BNT, BNT doesn't carry Whiteline anymore and Autolign quoted me $600 + $150 for shipping..... It seems like they are quite rare now

Pranit

• Hi There!
« Reply #3 on: 14 October, 2020, 11:07:18 AM »
I didn't get a reply from Autoalign and my BNT quote was around 800-1000. Yeah they seem quite rare now. Mine was for a b14 lucino

grim_reaper

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: 15 October, 2020, 06:37:01 PM »

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: 20 October, 2020, 08:38:20 AM »
chamberlains in chch can make sway bars. They aren't that expensive so potentially worth supplying them a whiteline one to copy. I remember the p11 ones I got made to be about $200 each. the n14 one will have a couple more bends so maybe $300 each, buy some nolathane bushings and replace the sway bar end links and you could probably do it cheaper than whileline ones (plus could go even stiffer if the application suited it)