Author Topic: ABS or No ABS  (Read 406 times)

20VEZR

ABS or No ABS
« on: 24 April, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »
Ive been having trouble with a lack of brake or pedal pressure for a while now. I have no booster and tried many sizes of master cylinder.  The pedal ratio is less than average on my n15 vzr. Im considering getting a pedalbox with a 5:1 pedal ratio to help but wondering if theres any other way.
I want this car too stay road legal (need cert for bigger front discs and calipers anyway) so I have left ABS circuit as standard. Does anybody know if the ABS unit actually takes some brake pressure? IE if I remove ABS unit am I going to be able to stop car with less legwork?
Note brake booster is not an option with my intake manifold setup. Have tried all aggresive pads and smallest bore master cylinders.

sss4me

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
Re: ABS or No ABS
« Reply #1 on: 27 April, 2020, 12:58:20 PM »
i'm gunna (guess) that removing the abs system will help things. the 3 channel system is pretty poor anyway. i also know of 1 guy in england who bought a slim brake booster designed to fit on a sentra for his vzr. im guessing you have itb's?

20VEZR

Re: ABS or No ABS
« Reply #2 on: 01 May, 2020, 06:05:22 PM »
Yea Have ITB's theres no room for booster even with no booster its tight having stock master cyl on a 8mm plate hard on firewall. Guess ill try no abs block and see if theres any diff