Author Topic: Car starts then dies, then on second start is fine  (Read 94 times)

Harryh001

• Hi There!
Car starts then dies, then on second start is fine
« on: 16 August, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »
Hey guys,

Like is said in the title my car sometimes will start and then die and then when I try again it starts and drives fine. I recently had an issue with the car dieing when it had to idle. I took it to a mechanic who cleaned the throttle body and the mass air flow sensor and the idling issue has seemed to go away. They also said that the spark plugs are oily/recommended doing a gasket and also said that there was a crack in the air intake pipe.

I am wondering if my starting issue is connected to these issues or is something entirely different?

Cheers for the help in advance!

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
Re: Car starts then dies, then on second start is fine
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2019, 09:43:48 AM »
It's very difficult to diagnose issues like this when the car is in poor mechanical condition. The split air intake hose will definitely be contributing. Fix both the issues you've mentioned, and you may find the problem goes away - but even if it doesn't, you'll have a better baseline to start the diagnostic process from.

Brotangp104lyf

• Here for the food
  • 19 years on the same p10.....600+k
Re: Car starts then dies, then on second start is fine
« Reply #2 on: 22 August, 2019, 01:27:49 PM »
Does it have a separate coil with a lead going to dizzy or inbuilt one inside the dizzy and just 4 leads to the plugs? Sometimes the built in could go bad and problem gets worse over time due to the heat. Does the car do it only when starting cold?
91 p10 x3
P11 x2
Aviner turbo x1
Wrecked n14x1
Fastest di engined Nissan ever 😊