Author Topic: Nissan Pulsar Vzr Clutch Adjustment  (Read 1701 times)

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
Nissan Pulsar Vzr Clutch Adjustment
« on: 18 March, 2018, 10:50:56 AM »
Hey guys just wanting some info on how to adjust the clutch cable?which way to tighten  and anything by the pedal i have to adjust azwell?

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
Re: Nissan Pulsar Vzr Clutch Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2018, 10:01:57 PM »
Tighten it by taking slack out of the cable, loosen it by backing it off. There's no adjustment at the pedal end, aside from the pedal stop at the top which is just to adjust the position of the pedal with the clutch fully released.

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #2 on: 21 March, 2018, 08:54:39 PM »
Thanks

spannerz

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »
Hi all.  Thread hijack here.  I have a slipping clutch at the moment.  Primera CVT to manual conversion. The car runs and drives fine.  Goes into and out of gear no problems. 

About 6 months ago, a swapped the original 5sp flywheel+pressure plate for a freshly skimmed 16ve flywheel and (I think n14) pressure plate and clutch.  As I said the car drives fine, but if I ride the clutch for a few seconds, it'll slip bad and rev right out.  Then just drive it nice and let it cool down and it's back to normal.   I remember briefly discussing at the time and confirming this was a good combination of FW and PP and even had the grinder run it up at his shop and said it was good.

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Here for the food
« Reply #4 on: 28 March, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »
When your primera was manual converted were the spacers between the firewall and clutch pedal bracket installed? They're about 16mm from memory and the CVT cars don't seem to have them from the factory.

I've seen a slipping clutch caused by this because there was load on the thrust bearing with the pedal all the way out.

spannerz

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #5 on: 28 March, 2018, 10:10:16 PM »
No it definitely didn't get the spacers.   It's all floppy.  It never bothered the sr20de clutch and flywheel, and I can't see how it causes it to not let out properly, but I almost 100% agree that could be the problem.

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Here for the food
« Reply #6 on: 30 March, 2018, 09:53:56 PM »
That'll almost definitely be the issue the. Have a look at the angle of the clutch fork push rod thing with no pressure on the pedal, if it's not in line with the length of the car it likely has too much preload.