Author Topic: Sr20ve p11 cvt issue  (Read 960 times)

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
Sr20ve p11 cvt issue
« on: 21 October, 2017, 12:41:19 AM »
Last couple of weeks my Primera has been preforming quite normally  but yesterday after travellin to auckland gave the car a rest for 2hours then went to put gull 98 petrol in (I usually run it on Z 95) and going through the driveway at mc Donalds it sounded a lot louder than normal like it had a big bore muffler  I only gt a  (K n N poddy installed) and thea was lag Wen I pushed the pedal down  like it was looking for first gear  Could this be my Cvt finally givn up the ghost or air filter/petrol issues?   After driving for 10 minutes and giving it pedal  it came right  are the sr20ve/cvt engines ment to run hot? Any advice will be much appreciated

My real name is Lance

• Afroboltski/Lance
  • NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
  • Air goes in, witchcraft happens, the car breaks
Re: Sr20ve p11 cvt issue
« Reply #1 on: 21 October, 2017, 08:49:57 PM »
Hard to say. Maybe try the same thing with Z95 and see if the symptom goes away. Realistically you get no gain going from 95 to 98 unless you advance the timing. If anything, putting 98 in a car that isn't tuned to use the extra potential of 98 will DECREASE performance, as your peak cylinder pressure happens later/at a less optimal crank angle... potentially. Which COULD explain why it felt a bit sluggish... I'd say that's unlikely though.

I'd change the fluid in a last-ditch attempt to stop the transmission getting any worse. Once the CVT starts to go bad, you're pretty screwed and are looking at a new or recon. trans (expensive) or a manual conversion (probably cheaper but a pain in the arse. Gotta muck around making 1 new gearbox mount, drilling the firewall, & faffing around getting the clutch pedal in there).

Quote from: Cameron
Darryl, what would it take to RWD SR convert my QG18 bluebird? Ive got a mate with a angle grinder and stick welder, surely it cant be too hard

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #2 on: 22 October, 2017, 08:43:56 AM »
I'm gnr go repco today and buy sum cvt oil  and give the cvt an oil change   

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #3 on: 22 October, 2017, 10:10:08 PM »
Make sure you get one that's compatible with Nissan CVTs. I wouldn't really trust anything other than genuine fluid, you risk doing more harm than good.

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #4 on: 23 October, 2017, 05:33:28 PM »
Penrite Cvt Fluid 4L fully synthetic from supercheap auto it says Ns1 Ns2 on the bottle  has any one tried this cvt fluid?