Author Topic: Te-V issue  (Read 1222 times)

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
Te-V issue
« on: 09 July, 2017, 07:27:48 PM »
Hey guys took the Te-V for a long drive yesterday from Whangarei to Auckland  no problems Cruising along  till I had a rest in Papatoetoe turned car off for 10 minutes went to turn car over  Bt no starting just clicking noise like a dead battery  I checked battery  still has green light on battery and I've recently had a new starter motor fitted  what's causing this issue?  I ended up waiting 1hour put terminals back on then it finally started Could it be the terminal leads? Or something electrical? 

Brotangp104lyf

• Here for the food
  • 19 years on the same p10.....600+k
Re: Te-V issue
« Reply #1 on: 10 July, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »
Interesting one, hard to diagnose without seeing but was starter motor new or 2nd hand? If its clicking that's the solenoid engaging like a metallic clack sound. If starter is acting like its not getting good power either the 2nd hand starter was about to fail when brought ( totally luck of the draw really not the wreckers fault but they may remedy it free if your polite) or when installed the power lead wasn't tightened enough and has cone a bit loose. If batteries good then I'd say its starter related. The circuit for starter motors doesn't vary much.

Sent from my VF685 using Tapatalk

91 p10 x3
P11 x2
Aviner turbo x1
Wrecked n14x1
Fastest di engined Nissan ever 😊

My real name is Lance

• Afroboltski/Lance
  • NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
  • Air goes in, witchcraft happens, the car breaks
« Reply #2 on: 10 July, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »
It'll be ya battery no doubt. Check the date of manufacture on the battery - they only last a few years. if you leave the car parked up for longer than a couple of weeks on a regular basis, it will die faster. especially if you have an alarm or a bright flashing LED that slowly drains the battery.
« Last Edit: 10 July, 2017, 09:09:09 PM by My real name is Lance »

Quote from: Cameron
Darryl, what would it take to RWD SR convert my QG18 bluebird? Ive got a mate with a angle grinder and stick welder, surely it cant be too hard

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2017, 08:49:09 AM »
It's a new starter motor that I gt installed  the car was parked up 4 a week and it's got xenon lights fitted  surely aftr a 3 hour drive it should of charged the battery

Brotangp104lyf

• Here for the food
  • 19 years on the same p10.....600+k
« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »
Yeah 3 hours should have been plenty, I'd check voltage with a multimeter or a decent batt tester and check alternator is charging. When you flick key is it a consistent fault or does it crank and fire up normally sometimes? If it does then its not battery  past a possible loose terminal or earth type fault.

Sent from my VF685 using Tapatalk

91 p10 x3
P11 x2
Aviner turbo x1
Wrecked n14x1
Fastest di engined Nissan ever 😊

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #5 on: 13 July, 2017, 09:19:51 PM »
I thought t my be a grounding problem I'll chek wid a sparko tamaro

Nissan 4 Eva