Author Topic: Road rules  (Read 1935 times)

grim_reaper

• Part of the furniture
Road rules
« on: 25 September, 2015, 11:56:54 PM »
When coming up to a stop sign, should you stop, and if so, where should you stop?

A. Behind the line

B. Where you can see traffic coming in both directions

C. You don't need to stop if you can see nothing's coming

D. With the front wheels of your vehicle on the yellow line

According to the road-code the answer is B. I'm guess that means you can roll past the stop sign & painted lines without stopping beforehand?

http://www.drivingtests.co.nz/roadcode/car/all/35/  Some of the questions are missleading.
« Last Edit: 26 September, 2015, 12:00:06 AM by grim_reaper »

Davis Patch

• Cars is what its all about
Re: Road rules
« Reply #1 on: 07 October, 2015, 02:32:21 AM »
I were always thinking, that A.
But i've checked - seems like its B
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

here it is

robbo

• Part of the furniture
  • First Turbo P12 20V
« Reply #2 on: 07 October, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »
Yes but you still must come to a complete stop. IE car in front stops at stop sign and you stop behind it, then car in front moves off and you can see the way is clear you can go.

Generally stop signs are stop signs as you don't have clear vision in both directions, cause them it would be a give way.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

robbo

• Part of the furniture
  • First Turbo P12 20V
« Reply #3 on: 07 October, 2015, 01:22:43 PM »
Interesting test. I got two wrong!

ElMatto

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #4 on: 07 October, 2015, 06:43:30 PM »
Yes but you still must come to a complete stop. IE car in front stops at stop sign and you stop behind it, then car in front moves off and you can see the way is clear you can go.

Generally stop signs are stop signs as you don't have clear vision in both directions, cause them it would be a give way.

Interesting Rob! I would've thought if you are stopped behind a car and they move off you would have to come to a stop at the front of the queue too. I'm guilty of following the first car without stopping but always thought you weren't meant to
Current: Black B14 Autech, Silver P11 (roller rocker sr18de automatic fury!)
Ex: 2x P10 primera te, sr20ve VZR

robbo

• Part of the furniture
  • First Turbo P12 20V
« Reply #5 on: 07 October, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »

Interesting Rob! I would've thought if you are stopped behind a car and they move off you would have to come to a stop at the front of the queue too. I'm guilty of following the first car without stopping but always thought you weren't meant to

Yes Matt but you still have to have to of come to a complete stop, either behind the line, or the stationary car in front of you. Wouldn't be a defence to failing to give way however, if you move off following the car in front and  caused a accident cause the way wasn't clear.

Kai Chatfield

• Live fast, die slow.
« Reply #6 on: 08 October, 2015, 01:13:12 AM »
Yes, complete stop.
Sometimes it saves us from weird stuff, that going on on road.
watch me here doing my stuff