Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 3831 times)

Harley_

• Network overlord.
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #15 on: 05 October, 2015, 10:22:48 PM »
Yep i run C6.6 and 7, depending on the purpose of the server (Normally on an ESXi host)
Have you tried 10 fresh not upgraded? I Got my MSAPS disks awhile ago and used them for the first time last week, fresh install of 10 runs extremely well.

My main servers run CentOS 7.
I've tried offering Ubuntu & Mint installs to customers and it's always a big no.
As for Win10, I've tried around 20 times & it has never worked so I've just given up.
Fucking things up since ages ago.

expletive

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
  • I can't rev over 7k!!!
« Reply #16 on: 15 October, 2015, 10:55:43 PM »
I've just done a fresh install of win10 pro and it's brilliant.
Ex: 1993 Nissan Primera 2.0eGT
Ex: 1992 Nissan Primera Te
Ex: 1998 Nissan Primera Te-V (NOIZEE)
Ex: 1991 Nissan Primera Tm (NOIZEE 2.0)
Ex: 1998 Nissan Primera SMX006 (Stolen RIP)
Ex: 1997 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R (NOIZEE 3.0)
Ex: 1994 Nissan NX-R (NOIZEE 4.0)
Now: 1998 Nissan Primera G-V

Harley_

• Network overlord.
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #17 on: 15 October, 2015, 11:12:07 PM »
EXTRA DESKTOPS! LIKE LINUX! Better yet, you can change them by pressing windows + ctrl + left/right arrow.
W10 is boss.
Fucking things up since ages ago.

P10God

• P10 Aficionado!!
  • NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Here for the food
  • FHP10 SR20VET Project!!
« Reply #18 on: 03 November, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »
Yep i run C6.6 and 7, depending on the purpose of the server (Normally on an ESXi host)
Have you tried 10 fresh not upgraded? I Got my MSAPS disks awhile ago and used them for the first time last week, fresh install of 10 runs extremely well.

Nah not yet. I'm happy with Windows 7 for now.

scribble

• Like no ones reading it...
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #19 on: 10 November, 2015, 04:14:34 PM »
Running it on work PC (I do tech support) and at home, works great, no issues that I can think of other than the big brother stuff but you can disable pretty much all the call-backs to MS
http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-telemetry-and-data-collection-in-windows-10/
Also scroll down to the comment from Wade which has a powershell script to redirect all the calls to loopback (so it doesn't go anywhere)
Also run these to disable some diagnostic tracking
sc config DiagTrack start= disabled
sc config dmwappushservice start= disabled
sc stop DiagTrack
sc stop dmwappushservice

I also turn off all the stuff in privacy settings including Cortana
Also only use a local account not a MS one if you don't have devices to sink across (windows phone or tablet) and you don't want your usage to be used for marketing  ;)

You can also uninstall apps like Xbox stuff and others
This process should work for future builds as well as this is a standard process to remove metro apps since Windows 8.

Disclaimer: This should be a relatively simple removal of two Metro apps but I have not fully tested this and it could cause issues within Windows.

Start an Administrative Powershell window
    Run the command 'Get-AppxPackage | Select Name,PackageFullname' (This will list installed Metro apps displaying the Name and PackageFullname needed to uninstall)
    Locate the two Xbox packages (Microsoft.XboxLIVEGames and Microsoft.XboxApp)
    Copy the 'PackageFullname' from one of these
    Type 'Remove-AppXPackage <PackageFullname>' (replace <PackageFullname> with the text you copied from the list) and hit enter
    Repeat step 4 & 5 for the other Xbox metro app
    Reboot and the Xbox integration will be gone from Full screen games and the Start menu

So a bit of mucking around to get it working to suitable level of paranoid, but do need to check after Windows Updates since I've noticed some settings being changed back and you can't really disable updates like in 7

Thomas Kennion

« Reply #20 on: 09 December, 2015, 01:36:58 AM »
I like Windows 10 and don`t like conspiracy.
I have nothing to hide  :)
Best regards