Author Topic: Featured MOTM Jeremy: Jevans June 2015  (Read 4123 times)

robbo

• Part of the furniture
  • First Turbo P12 20V
Featured MOTM Jeremy: Jevans June 2015
« on: 02 June, 2015, 08:23:35 PM »
NZPPCC Member of the Month

NZPPCC: When and why did you first get your Primera / Pulsar?

Jevans:

NZPPCC:  And what were your original plans for your car and how have they changed?

Jevans:NZPPCC:  What performance modifications have you made to your car?

Jevans:

NZPPCC: What mods have you made to the exterior/interior?

Jevans:NZPPCC:  What do you love best about your Primera / Pulsar?

Jevans:   I love the sleeper aspect of the car and that an SR18DE auto family hauler has been turned into something that can compete with much more expensive and (from factory) faster cars.

NZPPCC:  Any future modifications planned that we should know about?

Jevans:NZPPCC:  If money was no object what would you do to your car?

Jevans:

NZPPCC:  Do you have any performance figures, 1/4 mile times or lap times?

Jevans:
Credit to Simon at Surfab for this photo

NZPPCC:

Jevans:   Fish and chips and a good beer can never go amiss after a day in the garage or at the track.

NZPPCC:  Favourite television programme?

Jevans:NZPPCC:  Are you married, have a partner or are you single and looking?

Jevans:   Single.

NZPPCC:  What sort of cars have you owned in the past?

Jevans:NZPPCC:  What is your favourite road to drive?

Jevans:  When I can afford to put fuel in the car (#studentlife), I like a drive over Summit Road on the Port Hills; any road with a few twists and turns is good fun.

NZPPCC:  Do you prefer show, street, circuit or drag?

Jevans:NZPPCC:

Jevans:

NZPPCC:

Jevans:NZPPCC:  Any last comments you would like to make?

Jevans:   Big thanks to Callum (PulsarGTI) for having all the knowledge and experience to get my car going properly and motivating me to modify it even more, Ben & Arthur for giving me cars to make mine faster than, the Christchurch/South Island club members for the meets and yarns, Blair Thorpe/Christchurch Trackdays for giving all us car enthusiasts in Christchurch an affordable chance to get out on the track, Pick-A-Part Christchurch for being my #1 parts supplier (even if you are getting a bit expensive), the committee for organising all the awesome sponsor deals for club members/ keeping the club running and everyone in the club who has given me helpful advice/sold me parts etc.

ElMatto

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
Re: Featured MOTM Jeremy: Jevans June 2015
« Reply #1 on: 02 June, 2015, 08:33:30 PM »
Congrats on motm Jeremy!

Nice car you've got, and "first car" at that!
Great to see you're getting it out and about for track days... Will be great to see how it and you progress  :)
Current: Black B14 Autech, Silver P11 (roller rocker sr18de automatic fury!)
Ex: 2x P10 primera te, sr20ve VZR

Dan

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #2 on: 02 June, 2015, 08:38:18 PM »
Just making me wish I didn't sell it even more! I'd bet Brian and Jono would feel the same reading this haha. Sweet write up, definitely the best it has ever been now and can't wait to see it in the future!

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #3 on: 02 June, 2015, 08:48:54 PM »
Congrats mate, now hurry up and get that VET done! Ruapuna is waiting.

N14_NEO

• Post Whore
  • Nick
« Reply #4 on: 02 June, 2015, 08:52:34 PM »
Great stuff mate - not only a tidy car in photos but in person too. Great effort to get it to where it is now and with the vision you have for it. It's awesome to see another student battle through funding the building of their car and succeed.

NuclearAlien

• Jonathan
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #5 on: 02 June, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »
Congrats on moth. Good to see the old girl going. Seen it round a few times. Dad was a Fun car that's for sure.

NOGR1P

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • CLUB AUTO-ELECTRICIAN
« Reply #6 on: 03 June, 2015, 01:35:26 AM »
awesome write up, good to see a car stick around and make many people happy

looks like its gonna be a monster when it gets finished

Ex:    fastest auto 16.02

NOW: manual DE 14.8 knock maps
          manual VE 15.011

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
« Reply #7 on: 03 June, 2015, 10:43:06 AM »
Excellent article Jeremy, and a very nice car too.  You've really thought about the right mods to do, and made it work on a student budget.  Well done mate :)

What alignment settings do you use on the track?
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

My real name is Lance

• Afroboltski/Lance
  • NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
  • Air goes in, witchcraft happens, the car breaks
« Reply #8 on: 03 June, 2015, 11:48:28 AM »
Nice article! I always take note of what mods you've done because you're car and your plans for it are similar to mine in a lot of ways... DET, small-frame turbo, (soon to be) tuned, handling mods, eventual plans for VE head and bigger turbo, mostly a street car... only difference is number of wheels being driven! ;D ;D

Quote from: Cameron
Darryl, what would it take to RWD SR convert my QG18 bluebird? Ive got a mate with a angle grinder and stick welder, surely it cant be too hard

jevans

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #9 on: 03 June, 2015, 01:19:49 PM »
Congrats on motm Jeremy!

Nice car you've got, and "first car" at that!
Great to see you're getting it out and about for track days... Will be great to see how it and you progress  :)

Cheers Matt, it definitely feels quite at home on the track, now I just need to get my driving up to standard...

Just making me wish I didn't sell it even more! I'd bet Brian and Jono would feel the same reading this haha. Sweet write up, definitely the best it has ever been now and can't wait to see it in the future!

Cheers Dan!

Congrats mate, now hurry up and get that VET done! Ruapuna is waiting.

Good things take time...

Great stuff mate - not only a tidy car in photos but in person too. Great effort to get it to where it is now and with the vision you have for it. It's awesome to see another student battle through funding the building of their car and succeed.

Thanks Nick, I hugely admire the level of workmanship that is going into your car when you're in a similar situation to me, I just can't get enough of all those powdercoated parts.....

Congrats on moth. Good to see the old girl going. Seen it round a few times. Dad was a Fun car that's for sure.

I'm really grateful to have the opportunity to own a car with so much Christchurch and club history, as long as I own the car I'll keep it on the road.

awesome write up, good to see a car stick around and make many people happy

looks like its gonna be a monster when it gets finished

Thanks, it's definitely an awesome feeling when people in Christchurch come up and say they recognise the car.

Excellent article Jeremy, and a very nice car too.  You've really thought about the right mods to do, and made it work on a student budget.  Well done mate :)

What alignment settings do you use on the track?

Cheers Kieran. My alignment settings for the track are the same as what I use on the street which probably isn't the greatest for my street tyres but oh well. Here's a link to my last alignment sheet:
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s648/jevans29/Car%20stuff/Feb%20Updates/IMG_2026_zpsi1nomnoa.jpg

The side to side discrepancies on the front are due to some crash damage I'm fairly sure (ask Dan :P) and the camber difference on the rear is because the alignment guys just couldn't be bothered getting the camber to match. I've got some more suspension bushes to put in soon so hopefully I can get the alignment tidied up a bit.

Nice article! I always take note of what mods you've done because you're car and your plans for it are similar to mine in a lot of ways... DET, small-frame turbo, (soon to be) tuned, handling mods, eventual plans for VE head and bigger turbo, mostly a street car... only difference is number of wheels being driven! ;D ;D

Cheers mate, I just wish the outside of my car looked as good as yours!

vickimon

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #10 on: 04 June, 2015, 09:10:43 PM »
Congrats man, wicked write up!
Hope to see you at some kind of national event some time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk