Author Topic: FWD SR20 Valve Cover Interchangeability  (Read 3055 times)

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
FWD SR20 Valve Cover Interchangeability
« on: 09 April, 2015, 10:08:31 AM »
This came up on PGA Facebook this morning, and seeing as that will be lost to the world in a few hours, I figured it's probably worth starting a thread and making it findable information.

If you're looking to swap valve covers on a FWD motor, excluding the P12/T30 ones (anyone who knows about these feel free to add to this (Kieran?))

DE/DET Cover - Will fit VE and RR, but will need the black catch can on the front of the head
VE Cover - Will fit DE/DET and RR
RR Cover, JDM 1995-9/1998 and all NZDM - Will ONLY fit RR, cam oil squirters get in the way
RR Cover, JDM 9/1998-2000 - May fit anything, found on motors with no IACV on the plenum.

Last bit of info is courtesy of Shannon Johnson on PGA, who owns this:

A 2000 JDM RR motor, and found the cover fit fine on his DE. Note lack of IACV.

It's worth noting that the part number didn't change for the 1998-on rocker cover, so this is very much a test-fit-to-confirm deal. It may work, it may not, and it would be GREAT if anyone could back up Shannon's info.
« Last Edit: 09 April, 2015, 12:44:16 PM by PulsarGTI »

My real name is Lance

• Afroboltski/Lance
  • NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
  • Air goes in, witchcraft happens, the car breaks
Re: FWD SR20 Valve Cover Interchangeability
« Reply #1 on: 09 April, 2015, 10:37:18 AM »
May be useful to add that VE covers (and by extension, the later model RR covers?) will fit any DET 4WD motor as well, which allows you to remove that stupid black catch can.

Quote from: Cameron
Darryl, what would it take to RWD SR convert my QG18 bluebird? Ive got a mate with a angle grinder and stick welder, surely it cant be too hard

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #2 on: 09 April, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »
May be useful to add that VE covers (and by extension, the later model RR covers?) will fit any DET 4WD motor as well, which allows you to remove that stupid black catch can.

Definitely, DE and DET effectively share top ends so they'll be compatible as well. I'll edit for clarity...

ElMatto

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #3 on: 16 August, 2015, 04:34:04 PM »
I have wanted to put a 20v cover on my ve once its finished... I love the look of the 20v/vet cover.
I've always wondered about running leads up and under the centre cover and whether there is space on the r.h end of cover.

I think Brendan has done this on his sr20vet, p11 head and leads not coil over plug.

Should work for me, but my god those covers are expensive!
Current: Black B14 Autech, Silver P11 (roller rocker sr18de automatic fury!)
Ex: 2x P10 primera te, sr20ve VZR