Author Topic: Feedback wanted: Forum improvements  (Read 3322 times)

robbo

• Part of the furniture
  • First Turbo P12 20V
Re: Feedback wanted: Forum improvements
« Reply #15 on: 13 March, 2015, 05:30:03 PM »
Also, an online shop to buy stickers & shirts etc as well as paying subs (which I will do next week )

We now have an online shop for merch which you get details for when you become paid. Stickers come with membership when you pay. Easy!

ElMatto

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #16 on: 13 March, 2015, 08:02:38 PM »
I personally think It's a matter of just re-directing traffic onto the forums rather than Facebook....

I like the forum's as they are and the way everything is laid out...

People just get answers too easily on Facebook, they ask a question (no matter how many times it's been asked before) and it's answered almost immediately.
The same old question's keep getting asked, and a lot of the same people justify them with answers. Answer's often wanted may have been answered only day's before and they end up being re-asked as they get lost down the list. The number of times some could be miss informed on Facebook is mind boggling...

I think what a lot of core members need to start doing is not giving away answers so easily (I'm not meaning to be a total dick about it) but rather maybe send a hyper link to a build/article (where it's been written best already) and friendly encouragement to become a member.
Current: Black B14 Autech, Silver P11 (roller rocker sr18de automatic fury!)
Ex: 2x P10 primera te, sr20ve VZR

Psynneckt

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Here for the food
  • Sup homies!
« Reply #17 on: 14 March, 2015, 08:54:08 PM »

I think what a lot of core members need to start doing is not giving away answers so easily (I'm not meaning to be a total dick about it) but rather maybe send a hyper link to a build/article (where it's been written best already) and friendly encouragement to become a member.

exactly what i was thinking, and if people don't have the time to find it then just link the forum itself and say search here.

also, can we increase the time the notifications are displayed? maybe 10 or 15 seconds. Or can we have them like facebook that they remain somewhere (tidy) until checked.

i also had the thought of as soon as someone registers they are redirected to a forum tutorial/etiquette page where it explains how to view and change your profile, how to search properly, how to upload and imbed images, how to become a paid member etc
It's Movember all year round.

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
« Reply #18 on: 15 March, 2015, 10:08:57 AM »
I've increased the notification display to 10sec, see how that feels.

i also had the thought of as soon as someone registers they are redirected to a forum tutorial/etiquette page where it explains how to view and change your profile, how to search properly, how to upload and imbed images, how to become a paid member etc

Me too, I tried applying a software add-in that will do this for us but it sent all the fonts haywire so I backed it out.
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

Psynneckt

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Here for the food
  • Sup homies!
« Reply #19 on: 15 March, 2015, 10:11:37 AM »
Hmm edit the rego page to include it?
It's Movember all year round.

Brandon

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Brandon "Snapz"
« Reply #20 on: 23 March, 2015, 08:06:24 PM »
Can we make it so we can tag people in a post? And they obviously get a notification?
It still doesnt feel 'that' fast

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #21 on: 23 March, 2015, 08:32:36 PM »
That'll be available in a few months in a major software update, as well as the ability to save a draft of your post.

punkoutnz

• Cool Sunroof Bro
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Did you just spill my drink??
« Reply #22 on: 23 March, 2015, 10:29:41 PM »
On the oldschool forums you can "like" posts which is a cool feature. Is that available?

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: 24 March, 2015, 11:51:36 AM »
Forum "likes" will also be released in the next software update.  We have Facebook "likes" for topics now, you'll find the button in the first post of every topic.