Author Topic: Most broken road rule?  (Read 3868 times)

unlimitedpower

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
Most broken road rule?
« on: 12 March, 2015, 05:36:07 AM »
What do you lot think?
Every day i drive through 3 round a bouts to get to work and those same 3 on the way home.

What really does my head in is peoples complete laziness when it comes to indicating there intention to leave a round a bout.
I personally feel this would have to be the most commonly broken road rule on the road.  Probably even more common than exceeding the speed limit. (we will say by more than 4km/h as have to be a little realistic here) 

Photoglossy

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
Re: Most broken road rule?
« Reply #1 on: 12 March, 2015, 06:59:56 AM »
I agree with ya. I'd pick that too

Psynneckt

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Here for the food
  • Sup homies!
« Reply #2 on: 12 March, 2015, 07:02:43 AM »
Yep
It's Movember all year round.

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #3 on: 12 March, 2015, 08:21:19 AM »
People turning right into a multi-lane road and nor sticking to their lane, turning into the left lane rather than the furthest right. At a few intersections in Christchurch it's a must, as drivers turning left from the opposite direction will have a green light. There are plenty of dash cam videos of idiots turning on top of people they haven't seen just to get to the left lane faster. Even if it's not the most commonly broken road rule, it certainly seems to be one of the least well known.

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
« Reply #4 on: 12 March, 2015, 08:57:02 AM »
Keep left unless overtaking.  It's the first rule in the road code yet no-one in Auckland seems to know it.
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

Brandon

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Brandon "Snapz"
« Reply #5 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:12:07 AM »
Not really a road rule but people that are turning left from a straight road, they continue along the straight road, eventually slowing to about 5kmh while still staying in the centre of aforementioned straight road before eventually actually moving out of the way and taking their left turn.
It still doesnt feel 'that' fast

robbo

• Part of the furniture
  • First Turbo P12 20V
« Reply #6 on: 12 March, 2015, 10:56:13 AM »
Hmmmm

Failing to keep left
Following too close (motorway)
Not indicating in all situations
Using mobile phones
Not wearing seatbelts

Keep left unless overtaking.  It's the first rule in the road code yet no-one in Auckland seems to know it.

Should I go on?

unlimitedpower

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: 12 March, 2015, 03:47:46 PM »
Yea.  I bet you see a few.  I guess at least failing to indicate when leaving a round about is less of a safty issue than others and more good manners.
But man it annoys the hell out of me.

Hungry

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: 12 March, 2015, 06:58:08 PM »
when you get some knob following a couple of meters off your bumper!!! usually when there is someone in front of you as well.

They dont seem to like it when i put my foot on the brake when they are that close either :)

N14_NEO

• Post Whore
  • Nick
« Reply #9 on: 12 March, 2015, 10:56:10 PM »
They dont seem to like it when i put my foot on the brake when they are that close either :)

I was actually going to mention this as the most dangerous rule that is broken - although not necessarily a rule, more common sense and basic safety. Fuckwits - two wrongs never make a right.

I find, riding a scooter around town, that I have become very attuned to idiots on the road.
Not indicating left out of a roundabout, indicating right when doing straight-through a roundabout and not keeping left when not passing are my 3 pet hates - although I'm not sure which is the most broken.

scribble

• Like no ones reading it...
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #10 on: 13 March, 2015, 04:08:14 PM »
indicating right when doing straight-through a roundabout

Now thats an interesting one.  I thought the road rules changed so that you are supposed to indicate right when you enter and then left before your exit, including when you go straight through.  Personally I don't, if I'm going straight I just indicate left once past the first left exit (assuming 4 road intersection).  I also look at the driver (assuming I can see them), as people tend to look were they are going ( :D) so if they are looking left rather than ahead or right, they are probably turning off, although I still wait until its obviouse they are exiting.

fscdtdan

« Reply #11 on: 14 March, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
From what I understand, multi-lane roundabouts and roundabouts with more than 4 exits require you to indicate into the roundabout, am I right?

N14_NEO

• Post Whore
  • Nick
« Reply #12 on: 14 March, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »
From what I understand, multi-lane roundabouts and roundabouts with more than 4 exits require you to indicate into the roundabout, am I right?

Unfortunately not - there is nothing stipulating that you are to indicate into the roundabout regardless of your exit point (as you are suggesting) nor multi-lane roundabouts (I cannot see any logic behind there being a need for it). There are clear instructions on the NZTA website: here.

fscdtdan

« Reply #13 on: 14 March, 2015, 04:30:40 PM »
Ah well, never done that anyway just heard it on the radio the other day and it kinda made sense haha.

ElMatto

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #14 on: 16 March, 2015, 08:00:30 PM »
I always get followed too closely... Clip reverse only enough to bring the lights on (this is in my work wagon of course) and they generally back off a bit  :P
Current: Black B14 Autech, Silver P11 (roller rocker sr18de automatic fury!)
Ex: 2x P10 primera te, sr20ve VZR