Author Topic: Factory ecu question  (Read 1645 times)

Trpb

• Unpaid Subs Members
Factory ecu question
« on: 11 December, 2014, 09:19:20 PM »
Is a Te ecu different from a nz new gx one. Te just feels like it has more down low similar ign timing ,exhaust system  and state of engine condition on both cars. Has anybody swapped a Te ecu into a nz gx would this work. Or is there a ecu to look out for. Te is a 96 gx is a nz 99
« Last Edit: 11 December, 2014, 09:26:39 PM by Trpb »

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
Re: Factory ecu question
« Reply #1 on: 11 December, 2014, 10:13:44 PM »
The NZ new facelift ones were meant to be a bit lower on power than the early NZ ones, and Jap ones. Never seen any justification though. Ive got a TE exhaust here, and it was a full mandrel bend etc, and bigger pipe compared to the GXE one. How do you know the ignition timing is the same?

Trpb

• Unpaid Subs Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 December, 2014, 02:21:56 AM »
Both are track cars set at 19 degrees good plugs leads and ex manifolds similar. Both have the 248 inlet cam but the Te has pulls better. Both have p11 air box similar filters. Only thing I haven't looked at is compression gx is even all pots 150. Cheers

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: 12 December, 2014, 09:32:43 PM »
compression wont make a huge difference, but Im sure both the the same.

just because both cars have the same base timing doesn't mean the final timing is the same. The final timing is set by the ECU and adds, or subtracts from the base timing.

If both cars have the same cams, then I suspect that is an ECU thing. Nissan Im sure won't have changed any castings for a piddly little market like NZ. Swap ECU and see what happens.

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #4 on: 12 December, 2014, 09:47:36 PM »
From what I've heard, the power difference was due to lower compression and weaker ignition mapping to allow the NZ new ones to run on 91? I know AUDM/NZDM SSS Pulsar/Sentras are 9.5:1 and rated for 140hp, I thought NZ new Primeras were the same?