Author Topic: Wellington meet  (Read 2571 times)

Hungry

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
Re: Wellington meet
« Reply #15 on: 10 August, 2013, 05:01:33 PM »
Just reminding everyone meet is tomorrow at 2PM, meeting near the end of Muratai Rd in Eastbourne by the wahine memorial! hope to see everyone there!

rug10

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: 10 August, 2013, 09:56:16 PM »
ill be there

smx006

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #17 on: 10 August, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »
I hear about the Auckland crew having monthly meets or something like that, seems to be very social up there!
Is anyone else here wanting to set up regular meets e.g first Friday night of every 2nd month? Or something along those lines? It seems like we don't do many meets down here!

I have a few ideas of things we could do:

1: ( probably the cheapest) we do a BBQ night at a club members house e.g on a Friday and everyone brings something for the feed! And go for a cruise before / afterwards

2: we could all go to a pub for dinner ( partners / kids welcome too for those that have them), for example - the pub in johnsonville that we went to has 2 for 1 mains on Monday nights (but maybe we could slowly tour the pubs I'm the Wellington region :) ) and go for a cruise afterwards?

3: something a bit more involved, go for a cruise over to martinborough ( or another location) which has a reasonable drive to it ! Have a BBQ by the river or find activities to do where ever the destination is!

So do any of these ideas tickle anyone's fancy!
And if they did which days would suit people? ( number 3 would be on the weekend)
the Auckland meets are usually just a park up at night and having a yarn. its usually by a fast food place so people can get a feed. the bbq idea sounds like a good idea