Author Topic: Track days  (Read 1588 times)

Hungry

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
Track days
« on: 09 June, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »
anybody planning on doing a manfield track day in the next few months??

& just out of curiosity, do they do one where its not competitive? as in you get say 30 mins on track or a certain amount of laps etc to learn exactly how your car handles and to learn the track before going all out??

_impulsive

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
Re: Track days
« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »
That's what a track day is, an opportunity to get out on the track and have a thrash without the pressure of a proper race. The next one at Manfield that I know of is on the 14th of September which I will almost definitely be going to. Playday are the guys running this one.
With the ones I've been to, there is normally 4 groups (fast, medium(slow), motorbikes and prestige (Porsches, GTRs etc). Each group get about 15 mins out on the track inc. a lap or two for cool down. Over the day you'll get about 5 or 6 runs on the track.

Hungry

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »
I'm pretty keen to go to that one!

For the track what are the basic things I should be doing to my car to prepare?
I'm thinking tyres, brake pads and brake fluid.
Is there anything else that is essential?

Brandon

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Brandon "Snapz"
« Reply #3 on: 09 June, 2013, 12:43:45 PM »
remove your brake stone guards, if you havent already, unless you wanna set your brakes on fire aye Mike? :p

But yea, brake pads, fluid, check tyre pressure, good service on your car, check gearbox oil etc etc
It still doesnt feel 'that' fast

_impulsive

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #4 on: 09 June, 2013, 12:52:04 PM »
remove your brake stone guards, if you havent already, unless you wanna set your brakes on fire aye Mike? :p

Haha Yeah thats not a bad idea...

And yeah just check all your fluids and a quick spanner check on the big stuff (suspension, mounts etc.) Given the colour of your brake fluid I would say change it and check your pads too.
Before the day I'll be getting a wheel alignment, new pads on the front and maybe the back, changing the brake fluid, new engine oil and filter, and either some new wheels to run my semi's on or a set of daily wheels then I'll put the semi's on the 15's that are on the car now.
I take up a kit that I've made up with all spare fluids (oil, water, brake and p/s fluid liquid gasket sealer etc.) and my tools so you can just use my stuff if you need it.

Hungry

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: 09 June, 2013, 01:14:03 PM »
do I need to take the brakes off to remove the stone guards?
I was thinking about making a couple of brake cooling ducts :)

N14_NEO

• Post Whore
  • Nick
« Reply #6 on: 09 June, 2013, 01:17:14 PM »
Yup take the caliper, bracket and rotor off to get to the stone guards.