Author Topic: NZPCC in Manukau / Franklin Courier  (Read 878 times)

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
NZPCC in Manukau / Franklin Courier
« on: 17 February, 2004, 10:44:31 AM »
As subject line says, I have a mate who does the photos for the above news papers. Anyway, there are going to be YET so more "Boy Racer" laws coming, or going to inforce the other talked about ones, something like that. Anyhow they are going to interview a few people for the artical, and asked me to do one 'from a carclubs point-of-view' etc. So should be good. Will try and find out what issue it is coming out on. I think I am doing it 2moro sometime.

<br /><br /><br />When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Puragen

« Reply #1 on: 17 February, 2004, 12:42:53 PM »
I dont class myself as a boyracer...but i guess anyone under a certain age with a gutsy car is classed as a boyracer automatically..
i think that sux  :(

T4 Primera

« Reply #2 on: 17 February, 2004, 12:50:22 PM »
I don't trust reporters. Be very careful.

Jemahl T4

« Reply #3 on: 17 February, 2004, 01:31:59 PM »
Quote from: "T4 Primera"
I don't trust reporters. Be very careful.

Seconded  :?  They do have a way of being creative with the information they are given.  Gotta make a story eh.

T4 Primera

« Reply #4 on: 17 February, 2004, 02:34:55 PM »
Been thinking on this. It has the potential to show the club in either a very good or very bad light.

Perhaps it would be safer if they supplied written questions to be answered by the NZPCC staff as a group.

The reputation of this club is very important to me.

Skin

« Reply #5 on: 17 February, 2004, 02:36:52 PM »
Also be very careful about half quotes, they can take what u say and turn it around very easy. I did a 2 week long course on how to deal with reporters as part of my degree, learned some very cool stuff... but that was more on how to defuse a bad story for a company.

Skin

« Reply #6 on: 17 February, 2004, 02:37:46 PM »
Good idea Sandy

JoeGT

• Treasurer
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: 17 February, 2004, 02:38:27 PM »
Yeah I agree with the creative thing.. You can innocently make some statement and they can take it out of context and make it look like the Primera Car Club or car clubs in general hold "such and such" an opinion..

I agree with Sandy's suggestion about them sending us a set of questions that the committee can give a consensus on..

Not saying that you would mis-represent us Vince - but it does pay to be careful with reporters..

Will

« Reply #8 on: 17 February, 2004, 06:55:50 PM »
here here!

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #9 on: 18 February, 2004, 02:35:09 PM »
OK I might have not explained myself proper to begin with. My mates work for these papers, and since I had some form of boy racer car 'apparently', they wanted to interview me on my thoughts about the new laws. I thought it would be a good oppotunity to get some form of publisity for the club. The interview is today, the only time it can be done, as they have other people they want to interview as well. I will do the interview today (in about 10 mins), but with saying that, everything will be my oponion, and nothing to do with the club, but no doubt will go on to talk about NZ car clubs in general, how they are a good idea, I.e having meets, track days, Night Speed drag wars etc, helping to reduce the illegal activities that are happening I.e Illegal drag racing.

hows that.
<br /><br /><br />When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

NocaBiwik

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • You, outside, NOW!
« Reply #10 on: 24 February, 2004, 10:02:34 AM »
eheheh just saw you in the paper good work :)

and in the photo you look kinda evil ehehe

i knew once i saw the silver trim on the dash it was ur car

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: 24 February, 2004, 10:05:59 AM »
Were were..... Why haven't I got a copy of this yet....

*Must go stalk Manukau letterboxes looking for paper*

NocaBiwik

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • You, outside, NOW!
« Reply #12 on: 24 February, 2004, 08:17:08 PM »
tues feb 24th 2004

page 4

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #13 on: 25 February, 2004, 10:25:57 AM »
OMG why Marcia why.... You took about 10 pictures and had to put the one in where she made me laugh...... Well theres my modelling career down the drain. :twisted: