Author Topic: Featured MOTM: Jake - September/October 2016  (Read 1995 times)

N14_NEO

• Post Whore
  • Nick
Featured MOTM: Jake - September/October 2016
« on: 20 September, 2016, 06:14:56 AM »
NZPPCC Featured Member

An enthusiastic member from Auckland, Jake's passion for cars, pure life-enjoyment and banter is clear. From a distance, Jake's progress on his car has been well-executed and thought-out. Jake has been heavily involved in the club's movements in Auckland, putting his hand up to organise events. For that reason, he is easily recognised and well respected. Here is the P10-and-Jake love-story:

NZPPCC: When and why did you first get your Primera / Pulsar?

Jake : My first car I bought with intentions to modify; an Autech N15 Pulsar. After having it for almost a year, I took it to a track day and learnt the importance of tuning. I ended up selling it and took a break for a while. I then jumped in a few P10s with club member Elmatto and Kevo on a club cruise. I fell in love (with the car). I told Matt If I were to buy another car, his P10 would be the one. This is now the car I have today. Thanks Elmatto.<3

NZPPCC:  And what were your original plans for your car and how have they changed?

Jake : Learn, drive, break, repeat. Regarding my P10, I bought the car with the intention of building it to drive everyday, along with being able to give it death at the local track days with modifications to suit. I ended up buying an SR20VE at pickapart before buying the car hahaha.

NZPPCC:  What performance modifications have you made to your car?

Jake : SR20VE swap, daughter-board and Alien Probe tune, ACL bearings, new piston rings, N1 water pump, SR20VET head gasket, 2.5 straight pipe exhaust with 2 resonators and VET manifold gasket, 3.5" intake pipe, solid engine mounts, solid shifter and sway bar bushes, Exedy HD clutch, hydraulic conversion, TEV 280mm brake upgrade, Znoelli SP5005 pads. I have a cylinder head that has been extensively ported in the machine shop getting more work done at the moment along with a ported intake manifold to go on along with an oil cooler and power steering cooler sitting there awaiting some free time to get it on. 

NZPPCC: What mods have you made to the exterior/interior?

Jake : The day we did my engine conversion, club member NOGR1P-0 brought up some 15" wheels all the way from Te Aroha to clear the TEV brakes and to sort the wiring out, these wheels turned out to be factory Autech wheels which I love. Who else drives a couple of hours to do my wiring and bring some wheels?! Only other thing mentioning is the Autech front lip I managed to pick up for virtually nothing. Interior wise, WRX seats on modified rails, some meh steering wheel, oil temp, oil pressure and water temp gauges to keep a eye on when on the track. I like to keep it reasonably stock looking and era specific :)

NZPPCC:  What do you love best about your Primera / Pulsar?

Jake : The fact it is so easy to get parts, cheap and versatile. I enter almost every event I get a chance to and if I ever do get unstuck, I head to Pick-a-Part to get a new guard to replaced the one with a cone shaped dent in it. Thankfully this hasn't happened yet... I also love the fact it isn't the average Skyline/Silvia but can keep up with them on the track.

NZPPCC:  Any future modifications planned that we should know about?

Jake : RB25DET swap..... In all seriousness, I feel like once I have my coolers on, I can then use the car for what I intended on using it for, which was reliability on the track whilst still being able to drive it to work. The next step will be the head, intake and it can stay like that for a while. A proper LSD would be nice along with some coilovers to gain more in the suspension department to chase those track times, but time will tell.

NZPPCC:  If money was no object what would you do to your car?

Jake : RB25DET swap.... Nah, I would love to go all motor with the ability to have it make power way over 9000rpm backed by a 6 speed for reliability in a caged N14.

NZPPCC:  Do you have any performance figures, 1/4 mile times or lap times?

Jake : My car has run a 14.9 at Meremere with club member Kevo behind the wheel on a un-prepped track with stuff all traction with a open-diff box. Considering it was his first drive in the car, I know there is a lot more in it :) It's been around Manfeild at the last National Meet and Pukekohe, but no times as of yet.

NZPPCC:

Jake : Chicken/Lamb kebab. Also, nothing can beat a good Starbucks coffee.

NZPPCC:  Favourite television programme?

Jake :NZPPCC:  Are you married, have a partner or are you single and looking?

Jake :

NZPPCC:  What sort of cars have you owned in the past?

Jake : Nothing too flash, in order, a 1973 Mazda 323 hatch, 1995 Toyota Corolla, 2001 Toyota Camry, 1996 Autech Pulsar. Currently I have a  2001 Toyota Runx (with the 2ZZ-GE motor :P) and a 2001 Toyota Vitz along with my 1991 Primera.

NZPPCC:  What is your favourite road to drive?

Jake :

NZPPCC:  Do you prefer show, street, circuit or drag?

Jake : Circuit for sure. I feel there are way more opportunities to be faster and faster.

NZPPCC:

Jake :

NZPPCC:

Jake : I was looking for a N15 and was searching up information about them and found the club page on Facebook along with the forum.

NZPPCC:  Any last comments you would like to make?

Jake : A massive thanks to those who have helped me in any way regarding my car. Kellie first and foremost for tolerating the long nights and time away. Honourable mention to club members Kevo, Elmatto, 20veTev, NOGR1P-O, Expletive and no doubt a few others. You have all helped out so much and I wouldn't have such a car without you all <3 Also, massive love to Olly D for always being keen to snap some photos. Love ya work bro

P10God

• P10 Aficionado!!
  • NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Here for the food
  • FHP10 SR20VET Project!!
Re: Featured MOTM: Jake - September/October 2016
« Reply #1 on: 20 September, 2016, 10:04:24 AM »
Well done Jake. Very nice example indeed.

« Last Edit: 25 November, 2016, 08:37:48 PM by P10_Nigel »

robbo

• Part of the furniture
  • First Turbo P12 20V
« Reply #2 on: 20 September, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »
Well deserved there Jake!

Good to see you having fun with your car and building it the way YOU want it

20veTev

• NZPPCC Paid Member
« Reply #3 on: 20 September, 2016, 01:35:59 PM »
On ya jakey booyy! Is that a genuine autech lip?? :P

chasser

« Reply #4 on: 20 September, 2016, 04:46:33 PM »
yea buddy
love yea too ,madd fun with the cars and ear to ear smiles with the club.
 Chicken/Lamb kebabs a ,jake sadd B%C#   eats everthang
is that lip and wheels genuine

Psynneckt

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Here for the food
  • Sup homies!
« Reply #5 on: 20 September, 2016, 05:37:56 PM »
chur my bro!
looking forward to that caged n14 you mentioned :P
It's Movember all year round.

expletive

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
  • I can't rev over 7k!!!
« Reply #6 on: 20 September, 2016, 07:45:12 PM »
Great write up bro! Shot for the mention. Your car has come a long way in a short space of time. Definitely overdue for a catch-up and cruise. Congrats dude
Ex: 1993 Nissan Primera 2.0eGT
Ex: 1992 Nissan Primera Te
Ex: 1998 Nissan Primera Te-V (NOIZEE)
Ex: 1991 Nissan Primera Tm (NOIZEE 2.0)
Ex: 1998 Nissan Primera SMX006 (Stolen RIP)
Ex: 1997 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R (NOIZEE 3.0)
Ex: 1994 Nissan NX-R (NOIZEE 4.0)
Now: 1998 Nissan Primera G-V