Author Topic: Bad DSR Turbo Experience  (Read 11556 times)

chiccruiser

Re: Bad DSR Turbo Experiance
« Reply #30 on: 06 May, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »
OK everyone, i am sure some people think it is funny constantly bumping this thread but its not a joke.

Yes someone has acted badly and looks stupid but now you are all starting to look stupid and making the club look stupid.

If you have a complaint or something very valid to ad then fine post away.
Otherwise this thread will be locked and silly not required posts will be removed.

We are all grownups.

crackerjack

• Needs an auto!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #31 on: 07 May, 2011, 07:45:04 AM »
so the other stuff this guy sells... is it any good? 

Is there anyone on here that has used a DSR turbo on their build and had a good experience with it?  Dont be shy cause of what is said above.   There is that old saying within customer service...

"A customer who gets good service will tell one person, yet a customer who gets bad service will tell 10 people"   

I have been in customer service all my working life, and I work by this rule.  So comeon.... where is someone who has used a DSR Turbo or purchased from DSR's other range of goods and had a good experience?

Paul
15.18@146.2km/hr - Meremere JN15 Pulsar VZR
14.66 - Meremere HP11 Primera "Lithe" (driver)

Decafe

• Unpaid Subs Members
Re: Bad Kiwicon Experiance
« Reply #32 on: 07 May, 2011, 08:45:38 AM »

Also may I add. Rolling road dynos and Dyna Packs read totally different. Not to mention if you have two identical engines, same turbos. Maybe a different intercooler of silicone joiner is not sealing or exhaust. Just the smallest difference  ( ignition timing / tuner ) to the other engine. They can read a huge difference on the dyno machine to another.

I fitted the Turbo,...there was no problem with that aspect of the job or any other part of it, except the turbo had a fault, and you as a supplier should have backed your product. As we do with the ECU's we import and sell and the mod's we perform on vehicles.
Custom Performance Racing NZ
Cages-Ali Welding-Custom Exhausts
021 1786446

Moles

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #33 on: 07 May, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
I bought a 4"-3" silicon reducer. They had a black non bling one in stock. Bought on Thursday and got delivered to my work on Friday in time for the weekend :)

u13turbo

« Reply #34 on: 07 May, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »
i bought 2x 3-2" 90 degree bends from them, cheapest on trademe, delivered fast, seemed like good people to deal with to me. and havnt had a problem with the joiners.

dsrturbo

« Reply #35 on: 13 May, 2011, 06:36:10 PM »
g
« Last Edit: 21 June, 2011, 12:06:44 PM by dsrturbo »

NocaBiwik

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
  • You, outside, NOW!
« Reply #36 on: 13 May, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
Thats probably because you sponsor other forums and when someone has something bad to say they get censored.

Beanman

« Reply #37 on: 13 May, 2011, 07:25:44 PM »
Apart from GTiR Crazy and his spamming of the exact same thread on every forum he could find on the day... Not to many people actually have a problem with myself of DSRTurbo.  I'm glad that there has been at least two people that have had a good experience with us Thanks very much  :)

http://www.dsrturbo.com/
http://facebook.com/dsrturbo

They didn't buy turbo's, they bought silicone joiners. You can't really compare as the ones that Supercheap and Repco sell are just as good :D

dsrturbo

g2
« Reply #38 on: 13 May, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
g2
« Last Edit: 21 June, 2011, 12:07:26 PM by dsrturbo »

R3SPCT

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #39 on: 13 May, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »
Ok, so you want to supply a turbo to the club for "testing"? 

u13turbo

« Reply #40 on: 13 May, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »
Ok, so you want to supply a turbo to the club for "testing"? 

Ill test it on my bluebird happily :)

dsrturbo

h
« Reply #41 on: 13 May, 2011, 10:43:11 PM »
h
« Last Edit: 21 June, 2011, 12:01:57 PM by dsrturbo »

dsrturbo

k
« Reply #42 on: 13 May, 2011, 10:45:54 PM »
k
« Last Edit: 21 June, 2011, 12:01:34 PM by dsrturbo »

gtircrazy

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #43 on: 16 May, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
Ok so all said and done..

What was the beef with actually coming down and seeing the car face to face because the end result there was something wrong with the turbo you provided.. I replaced it and the car performed. There was no other part replaced..

I posted my feedback in two places. www.gtir.co.nz which is the club i run (i accept large cash money bribes $590 would just about do it to remove the post  :D   ;D)

And this one as i know a lot of the Auckland members on this forum and thought it only but right to share my experience with them.

I do not have a problem with your company or you as a person.

I personally would never buy anything from you again nor recommend your products until further testing has shown your products have improved and your customer service levels have improved but hey each to there own and if people do have positive experiences with your products great I'm all for that!

But like i said i provided feedback based on my experience with your business which was not fabricated in anyway. You didn't like it, fair call it was bad feedback nobody likes bad feedback.. unfortunately i had a bad experience and with that came my bad feedback.

I intended to do a write up on my experience with the DSR turbos regardless of it being good or bad as i think a reliable cheap turbo that everyone can afford in the market place is a great idea so i decided to give it ago. I could have just as easly bought a Garrett as people on here will tell you my cars have no expense spared on them.

For me customer service is a huge part of a sale. I will admit the turbo arrived very promptly after payment i was impressed. The fitment was harder than orginally i had been told on a Gti-r requiring a few mods to make it work but nothing to crazy, but still not a bolt up and drive as described. I was even happy with the 9psi we started to run on it. But as soon as we ramped up the boost it would go to 14psi and drop back down to 10psi and power would flatern and drop past 5,500rpm.. which was just crap!

On replacing the turbo with a Garrett all these issues went away and the car performed as it should have.

Like i said above i have no problem with you or your company to be honest i don't even care about my wasted $580 or what ever i paid for it. I did what i intended on doing which was a self experienced trial on your product with a review at the end.

If you have an issue with my review i am sorry but whilst flicking my customer complaint off you probably did not realise it would end up at the top of the google search list when DSR turbos was typed in. (neather did I).

I know with modified cars there are many diffrent factors that can cause issues. But the car your turbo was on wasn't a back yard project.. it was being worked on by highly experienced professionals. maybe in the future you will take customer complaints alittle more seriously.

Anyway have a great evening and in no way have a meant to offend you. Maybe one day I'll buy a Bosch pump from you :D ::)

Geoff.

« Last Edit: 16 May, 2011, 10:38:35 PM by gtircrazy »
Need work done on your car? Call MSM Automotive (09) 579 0828. - Best in the mechanical busness!

gtircrazy

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
« Reply #44 on: 16 May, 2011, 10:34:11 PM »
As one of the top listed sites under "DSR turbos" when typed into google. I have removed this same topic from www.gtir.co.nz as it has been inactive for well over a year. I have done this as i cannot now say weather DSR turbos designs have changed or his customer service has improved?

The business practice that was taken to remove this topic i do not agree with. I would have perfured if the owner of DSR had contacted me and apologised for his poor representation of his business and that he would appreciate it if i removed my post on the forum as it is having negative marketing impact on his product.

A small messure of compensation would have been nice as well instead of offering a bribing to this club...

I would like the moderators to give DSR a chance to redeem or not redeem him self in a post to this and then the topic to be locked if anyone has any other negative or positive experiences with DSR these can be listed in a individual topic created by them selves.

Kieran i will trust you will honor my wishes.

Thank you
Geoff

Need work done on your car? Call MSM Automotive (09) 579 0828. - Best in the mechanical busness!