Author Topic: Dyno tune at Gary Capper Motorsport  (Read 1971 times)

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
Dyno tune at Gary Capper Motorsport
« on: 15 October, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »
grrrr just want to go down there and crush him..

He is the man at what he does... but

when I put the Link in it took him 3 weeks to get around to tune it.

I rung him a few weeks ago - he said 2 weeks away minimum. OK I said, Got it booked in for Wednesday coming (17th) - get a phone call from him today saying he won't be able to do it now for atleast a couple more weeks.  >:(

So I just rung up Papakura Auto Electrial - they were the ones that put the Autronics into the MX5. Booked it in there for next Monday.

Only thing is Gary would have probably still have the tune, and be able to finer tune it from there

whereas Papakura Auto Elect are redoing it from scratch.. So bye bye to another $800 or so bucks

Rant over..
Edited to take out the swear words
« Last Edit: 15 October, 2007, 01:58:48 PM by kiwicon »

<br /><br /><br />When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Lith

Re: Dyno tune at Gary Capper Motorsport
« Reply #1 on: 15 October, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »
Bummer. 

Any reason why this message was EMailed to me 3 times as well?   I've not been on this forum in ages.

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: 15 October, 2007, 02:11:04 PM »
I was trying a feature.. were you announced  ;D
<br /><br /><br />When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

spike

« Reply #3 on: 15 October, 2007, 02:37:29 PM »
Ohhh that fully sucks  :'( A very sad story!!

Can Paul tune it ? Or is the link a bit past his skills ? ?

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: 15 October, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »
Don't no if he has a dyno or not.. Don't want a road tune.

Oh well, gives me another week closer to the Nats without distroyn it  ;)

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: 16 October, 2007, 10:03:53 AM »
giving Papakura the flick now as they want to re do it from scratch, so rung Bob Homewood this morning - he taught Gary Capper. Booked in for Thursday, $150 to put it on the Dyno + 4 hours max at $75 per hour.

Happy now.

Wazza

• Life Member
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Harden the f**k up!!
« Reply #6 on: 16 October, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
Great to see you have it all sorted now. Nothing pisses ya off more is people that muck ya around  :(

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: 16 October, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »
Agreed - just rung the old lady as my sisters last name is Homewood "kept it from the marrage" to see if she knew him. Apparently it is her ex's brother.. and she went on to say that he IS THE MAN when it comes to tuning a car. So Yay. Won't let on to him - but if he asks (with regards to the last name - ill let it slip) Not that im after any discounts or anything.

here is his homepage

Now off to ring Papakura to let them no it is no go now.  ;D

sprayit

« Reply #8 on: 16 October, 2007, 12:36:56 PM »
Good luck with it all vince . Why dont you want a road tune, just interested in your thoughts?

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #9 on: 16 October, 2007, 01:01:56 PM »
Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust - Drive - Stop - Adjust

can kill time alot quicker than just sitting on a dyno.

Time = Money
Tuning kills money

;D

sprayit

« Reply #10 on: 16 October, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »
 :D fair enough , might  go for dyno to  :D

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: 17 October, 2007, 09:14:04 AM »
althou, I was speaking to someone yeasterday regarding Bob Homewood, they said he could do a coupla laps around Puke, get out, tune the car, another lap to see how it goes and away you go..

Go for the Dyno thou. get printouts that way too

sprayit

« Reply #12 on: 17 October, 2007, 08:08:10 PM »
150kw seems to be around the norm for a bolt on ah?
depending on parts/ tune. 

kiwicon

• Rangi Mod Reprezent!
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #13 on: 18 October, 2007, 08:30:02 AM »
depending on parts/ tune. 

thats what it comes down to.

2RETTS

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: 18 October, 2007, 06:15:44 PM »
Bob homewood tuned FRSKME before the Torque Performance dyno day shootout and that car made 130+ wkw with SR16VE cams... he has a good rep & I was going to use him for Nana but he's not interested in anything that isn't running a standalone so was hard to nail down.