Author Topic: W10 Avenir - going to manual  (Read 53 times)

loganavp10

• Hi There!
W10 Avenir - going to manual
« on: 30 June, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »
Hi guys,

I’ve seen some valuable information regarding doing a manual swap. I’ve recently got a w10 Salut and while the auto is nice, I would definitely prefer a manual.

From what I understand you can use either a 4wd gearbox or a front wheel drive gearbox.. could you convert the fwd gearbox to 4wd later on? I’m fairly serious about this conversion as I’m really enjoying my car as a project. Would you need the clutch master cylinder/or does it have a cable clutch? Sorry for my lack of general knowledge haha. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
Re: W10 Avenir - going to manual
« Reply #1 on: 30 June, 2019, 08:37:45 PM »
You definitely can't easily use the 4WD and FWD gearboxes interchangeably - the mounting system is very different. What is your Avenir? FWD or 4WD? DE or DET?

The factory manual FWD DE Avenir uses a cable clutch 32-series gearbox, same as a Primera or Pulsar.

The 4WD was never available manual, but they're very similar structurally to the U12 Bluebird which used a hydraulic clutch 50-series gearbox. I used a U12 AWD box to manual convert my PNW10.

loganavp10

• Hi There!
Re: W10 Avenir - going to manual
« Reply #2 on: 30 June, 2019, 08:39:59 PM »
Awesome! Yeah mine is a 4wd turbo. I do want to retain the 4wd for sure. From what I hear some people are saying it’s super expensive? But I’m quite keen. Seeing as you’ve done it already, I’m happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk