Author Topic: Need cvs any advice?  (Read 543 times)

Shaun42

• Hi There!
Need cvs any advice?
« on: 24 March, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »
Hi everyone im new here and iv bought my first car its a 1995 n15 pulsar gti with an sr18de in itwell the time has come for the cvs to be changed and its been about 3 weeks and have had no luck at all with finding the right cvs my friend that is helping me told me its a rare car and parts are few to little so i was thinking if anyone had any ideas it would be the people here. Anyone else had this problem? Looks like we might have to rebuild the cvs but gear box end is a bit different from the ones repco did have. So before i spend too much money and start hacking up parts any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
Re: Need cvs any advice?
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2019, 09:50:43 AM »
Just the outer CV Joint? go to partmaster and get replacement outer joints and have them fitted to your existing shafts. HDK listing is NI-055, or NI-055A42 for the ABS model. Dont get chinese junk, they don't last.

About $70 a side.

Your gearbox is LSD, and the passenger side inner CV joint and axle is specific for LSD gearboxes, but just replace the outer CV joint on the shaft and job done.

Shaun42

• Hi There!
Re: Need cvs any advice?
« Reply #2 on: 29 March, 2019, 07:56:26 AM »
Thanks for the advice man. Iv got my brother heading upto Auckland today with my outer cv found a guy who might have them vut if that fails ill take your advice and go with that.
Cheers 😃