Author Topic: CVT Transmision  (Read 459 times)

garvinni

CVT Transmision
« on: 08 March, 2019, 10:35:43 AM »
Good day everyone. I have a nissan primera p12 with the qr20 engine coupled with a cvt. It's a 2003 model made in japan. The problem am having is when the car is parked overnight or for most of the day, when I start and select drive, I noticed the rpm doesn't drop right of way and when it does, the car doesn't move. The rpm will rise. After a few seconds the car will move and behave normally. When I select reverse, no problem.
Can anyone tell me what might to be problem? I brought this car used just under 75000 kms and currently doing just over 365000 kms. Since I had it, the cvt has not been replaced and I changed the fluid every year.

jonathanhogdahl

• Hi There!
Re: CVT Transmision
« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2019, 11:56:05 PM »
Check your battery connectors are tight and the neg wire is good & tight to the CVT casing.
Carefully remove the 4 ignition coils and check for corrosion at the conductor end that clips on the spark plug.  One of mine had white crystal corrosion so gave the same loss of power as faulty HT leads on older cars.  Loss of spark to one cylinder sends an INPUT ERROR to the CVT
Check spark plugs.  "Read" the plug tips condition, coating, deposits, oil or carbon deposits.  They should  all be the same.  Get a dummy spark plug and use it to test each coil is delivering to the plug.