Author Topic: P10 primera te axle binding  (Read 248 times)

P10 optimus primera

• Hi There!
P10 primera te axle binding
« on: 31 January, 2019, 08:35:09 PM »
Hey everyone, has anyone got any info on how to cure axle binding when cornering hard, isnt the outers that are making the noise but looking at the angle of the driveshafts it looks like they may be bottoming in the inner CV cups? Also would anyone have a good supplier for gearbox bearings for the rfs32v gearbox as mine is a little rumbly

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
Re: P10 primera te axle binding
« Reply #1 on: 02 February, 2019, 10:10:05 PM »
why do you think its binding? Have you removed the outer CV Nut and check the free play available?

The 32v gearbox bearings depend on which bearing is sus. Saeco wilson can supply all of them except the large side diff bearing that is nissan specific so needs to be bought as a genuine part.

P10 optimus primera

• Hi There!
« Reply #2 on: 05 February, 2019, 08:08:06 PM »
I think its binding as when you take a corner at speed and when the suspension is loaded it clicks very noisily also the angle of the driveshafts when on the ground, there is a small amount of free play in the axle when on the ground and plenty when up in the air just wondering if anyone had custom ones made or their ones machined?

Cheers for the info I've got the box out now and will use saeco Wilson for the bearings and the other one from nissan

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2019, 07:15:58 PM »
be objective. when the car is on the the ground remove the outer CV nut, measure the actual in-out movement that you can get out of the CV joint.

Normally binding results in engine bucking and severe vibration. Clicking is normally just a simple outer CV joint replacement (use quality, OEM or HDK, not chinese junk)