Author Topic: ECU pinout - Mistery SR20DE  (Read 73 times)

chris77

• Hi There!
ECU pinout - Mistery SR20DE
« on: 04 December, 2018, 06:35:14 AM »
Hello
This is a long shot but I am running out of ideas . First off I am doing a favor for a guy that we need to keep on the good side of . He is swapping a SR20DE into a suzuki , he has told me the engine is out of a P11 primera . All I am doing is wiring it up , the vehicle came with the engine in it and the harness on it with the ecu plugged in . The wiring diagrams I had for a p11 have 3 rows of staggered pins on the ecu , this ecu has the two rows aligned . The closest wiring info I can find is of a euroP11 at the below link .

http://www.daj.cz/r/p10ecu2europ11/EuroP11ECU.pdf

I am not too fussed on the ecu to engine stuff its the ecu to car stuff I need to sort . I have started tracing back the two connectors beside the ecu and they closely match the pinout in the link ( Note it does not match the wiring diagram at the end , that does not match the pin listing ) apart from about 4 wires . This concerns me a bit . All my notes are at home but on the ecu I have I have wires on pins 45 and 104 that are not listed in the link and two wires are a different color to listed . that would not be the end of the world but one is the powersteering pressure switch and I would not expect that to head off under the dash .

My question is , does anyone know what diagram may match , where I can go looking for something or is it possible to track it of the engine number ? I have tried to google the ecu number but nothing comes up . Maybe I am not reading the numbers correctly , what I have is 03224559-WA18J71E6GWWW .

Any info at this stage would be great .
Cheers
Chris

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
Re: ECU pinout - Mistery SR20DE
« Reply #1 on: 05 December, 2018, 12:16:45 AM »
the confusion will probably be between the UK model P11-144 which had a different loom entirely. If yours is a standard plug then just use this for reference http://www.sr20forum.com/gallery/data/500/medium/ECU-pin-out.jpg

Do you know the origin of your ECU?

chris77

• Hi There!
« Reply #2 on: 05 December, 2018, 06:45:29 AM »
Morning
No , I do not know if its an import or NZ spec engine . The guy brought it from a wrecker etc etc . Messy . Anyway I will look at matching the link to what I have , although I have wires in pin 45 and the link has "not used" . How reliable are nissan on colours etc , it seems all the ecu power wires are white/red etc . A lot of the extras are not going to be used , a/c and elec load inputs etc . Mind you the link lists two cooling fan relays , 9 and 10 , and then 104 as "cooling fan ?" . Nowhere does it list a fuel pump relay , I am assuming it would have one , maybe its triggered of the eccs relay .

Thanks for the input , I will compare the linked info to the engine this afternoon .

Cheers
Chris

gbwelly

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #3 on: 05 December, 2018, 08:43:16 PM »
Are you sure it's a DE and not a VE? 104 is fuel pump relay on a VE, and 45 is 'outside temp sensor' but that is translated from Japanese so take it with a grain of salt.

chris77

• Hi There!
« Reply #4 on: 06 December, 2018, 06:44:12 AM »
No , I have just take the guys word its a DE . Thinking last night the 104 I have is black/purple and that matches colour wise with the diagram I have for pin 106 which is fuel pump . So I would expect thats what it is .

I will google and try and find out how to tell the difference between a DE and VE . And before anyone says its marked on the rocker cover , the owner has already taken to that with a grinder . Yeh dont ask .  Maybe I find the engine no off the block .

Thanks for the help with these seemingly stupid questions , the only nissan experience I have is when I put a CA18DE into my old 4x4 .

Cheers
Chris