Author Topic: P11 transmission issue - need help!  (Read 52 times)

Yammy2k

• Hi There!
P11 transmission issue - need help!
« on: 30 September, 2018, 10:26:05 PM »
Hey guys,

I've been having this one problem on my P11 (automatic) for 2-3 weeks and want to get more info on what's wrong with the car before I take it into a mechanic. I'll try to explain as much of the problem as I can.

Car idles fine in park and neutral but as soon as putting it in drive or reverse the car starts losing power and will eventually stall. I have to put my foot to the floor to stop the car from stalling and it would barely move forward. When the car does this, it feels like the car is in 4th gear and isn't downshifting properly until I'm getting up to speed. It takes a few laps around the block going down hills with foot to floor to get up to speed and eventually the car runs fine and i'm able to drive it for the day.

Things I did to help solve this issue:
- Clean the MAF
- Replace the downshifter
- Check spark plugs (see any oil or any water)

I'm guessing its a transmission issue but as soon as the car runs fine, it changes gears and downshifts how it should do etc. I've checked trans oil and all seems good. The problem only seems to occur in the mornings or if it hasn't been driven for a couple of hours.

Any information or advice on what I can do at this stage would be appreciated.

Cheers.

grim_reaper

• Part of the furniture
Re: P11 transmission issue - need help!
« Reply #1 on: 01 October, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »
Is it a conventional 4 speed auto or a CVT transmission?

What happens when you shift into 1st/low and take off?

Yammy2k

• Hi There!
Re: P11 transmission issue - need help!
« Reply #2 on: 01 October, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »
Conventional 4speed auto.

Gear 1 and gear 2 doesn’t get shifted into gear, does nothing. At times though, I can have gear 1 selected (which will do nothing) and speed from 0km to 50-70km down a hill, as I slow down it will shift into gear 1 but then will get out of gear and i’m unable to pickup speed even with foot right down.

When the problem occurs, selectable gears 1-2 don’t have any effect and won’t work and or get shifted in gear, even at the right speed.