Author Topic: P12 fault codes  (Read 58 times)

AlanL

P12 fault codes
« on: 23 September, 2018, 10:59:52 AM »
I have done a head gasket job on the 2.0  2001 Primera. Runs fine . Except after a period the EML comes on - about 20-30k of running.
Using the accelerator technique I have extracted fault codes from it, but can't seem to come up with sensible diagnoses. They seem Primera specific. First time I got 2 codes together; 1720 and 3071.
After clearing those and running it again, it finally came up a code I have twice got; 30.
I can't pull up any info on these. Anyone make sense of them?
Thanks
Alan

AlanL

Re: P12 fault codes
« Reply #1 on: 24 September, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »
OK, I have to fess up. I read the code wrong - it is 1110. Inlet solenoid valve, ie the vaiable inlet valve timing is out of spec. I know the timing was correct - except I could find no info on how to deal with the variable timing unit for this engine. The earlier version you internally rotate and lock in place. This one is different and doesn't seem to have this function - so I just bolted it on again. Lately the EML is not coming on. Time will tell. It may have just been marginally outside the specs for some reason. Apparently it counts the number of faulty readings, when it gets to a specified number it turns the light on. This explains the 20k travelled before it comes on. So it must be a gnats hair out of spec for some reason. But seems to be improving. Has not come on for last 40km.
Just posting in case someone else can learn from it.
Regards
Alan