Author Topic: Help in finding port for diagnostic reader  (Read 170 times)

Kelzey

• Hi 😄
Help in finding port for diagnostic reader
« on: 30 August, 2018, 11:37:24 AM »
Hi again everyone......

Just wondering if anyone can tell me where i can find the diagnostic port on 96 primera p11 for the OBll/EOBD+CAN....... This has a 16pin port. Ive looked where my fuses are... and have a greyish port but the OBll does not fit. I also have another port that is white under the fuse box and a bit further back that has 11pins

Any help would be great

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
    • NZ Primera & Pulsar Car Club
Re: Help in finding port for diagnostic reader
« Reply #1 on: 30 August, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
Hi Kelzey,

Nissan didn't start using OBD2 until about 2002. The grey port that you've found by the fuses is the OBD1 port (or CONSULT in Nissan parlance). You'll need an OBD1 cable and software to suit, e.g. Nissan Datascan or ECUTalk.

Cheers

Kieran
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

Kelzey

• Hi 😄
« Reply #2 on: 31 August, 2018, 07:27:51 AM »
Hi Kieran,

Thank you for your reply.  Haha i was trying to figure it out.
No worries tho. Will try and find a obd1 to use instead.

Could u possibly tell me what to look for if at 50ks i have a shudder/vibration in steering. I recently had 4x new tyres fitted balanced and had an alignment at same time but after i left where i got tyres done it drove smooth went down motorway was great at 100ks then about 3 - 4 days later thats when i felt the shudder at 100ks and also the vibration at 50ks 60ks lol. Another on here said

check for a worn wheel bearing(s), Loose front axle\cv nut (I've seen this more than once before), warped brake rotors, worn inner CV joint or worn axle hanger

Excatly what am i looking for?haha

The obd1 code reader im using it for is to figure whats going on with the revvs as it like to over revv jerk and also whilst driving at say 50 - 55ks in 4th gear the revvs are sitting at 2000 2100 revvs which im 100% should be around 1500 - 1800revvs instead lol. Have been told it could be a sensor thats failing?

Thanks again

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
    • NZ Primera & Pulsar Car Club
« Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2018, 12:04:25 PM »
Could u possibly tell me what to look for if at 50ks i have a shudder/vibration in steering. I recently had 4x new tyres fitted balanced and had an alignment at same time but after i left where i got tyres done it drove smooth went down motorway was great at 100ks then about 3 - 4 days later thats when i felt the shudder at 100ks and also the vibration at 50ks 60ks lol. Another on here said

check for a worn wheel bearing(s), Loose front axle\cv nut (I've seen this more than once before), warped brake rotors, worn inner CV joint or worn axle hanger

Excatly what am i looking for?haha

Those are all potential issues - but I would start with the basics. Seeing as it was fine for 3-4 days after the new tyres and then developed the vibration, I would start by taking it back to the tyre shop and getting them to recheck the balance. Wheel balance weights can fall off if the surface they're attached to isn't cleaned properly; I've had this happen before.

The obd1 code reader im using it for is to figure whats going on with the revvs as it like to over revv jerk and also whilst driving at say 50 - 55ks in 4th gear the revvs are sitting at 2000 2100 revvs which im 100% should be around 1500 - 1800revvs instead lol. Have been told it could be a sensor thats failing?

Based on that diagnosis, I can't say for certain what to look at - a diagnostic scan is definitely the best place to start.

Good luck!
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

Kelzey

• Hi 😄
« Reply #4 on: 02 September, 2018, 08:23:08 PM »
Hiya.

Thanks for your reply.

I had a look at weights over the wheels and they are all there... well by the looks?
Though have noticed as well when its raining and im driving and have the window down a bit a sound coming from my right front tyre..... sort of a sound as if something is in the tyre like a screw. Have looked and theres nothing at all wrong with tyre 😕... all these problems are driving me crazy lol. If its not one thing its another grrrrr.

If its not weight issue what else am i ment to be looking for. Im my own machanic at the moment haha well becoming i should say
Any help would be great.
Thanks again

Kelzey

• Hi 😄
« Reply #5 on: 02 September, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »
Also... if i can ask
What does everyones revvs sit at driving 50-55ks in 4th gear sit at? And the same for 100ks plz.