Author Topic: South Island Annual Meet | Christchurch | 20-21 October 2018  (Read 388 times)

PulsarGTI

• NZPPCC Staff
  • Forum Lurker
South Island Annual Meet | Christchurch | 20-21 October 2018
« on: 13 August, 2018, 10:08:09 PM »
NZPPCC 2018 South Island Annual Meet

Saturday 20th - Sunday 21st October, 2018
Christchurch / Mike Pero Motorsport Park

The NZPPCC committee are glad to announce the first South Island Annual Meet!

NZPPCC South Island Annual Meet
20-21 October 2018

Saturday 20th - Mike Pero Motorsport Park - Ruapuna:
Track day hosted by Christchurch Track Days, Dinner at Cocopelli Pizza Bar

Sunday 21st - Christchurch:
Show and Shine, Cruise, Lunch Meet

Event Pricing:
Track Day + Dinner + T-Shirt - $160
Dinner + T-Shirt - $70
Track Day Alone (NZPPCC track group) - $120
Extra Shirts for those buying another package - $35ea
Shirt Alone - $40

T-Shirts are your entry ticket for Show and Shine! We will have a huge range of awesome prizes, including some genuine parts supplied by our sponsor pTen Developments

Please pay ASAP to secure your spot, Track Day entries will be closed 12 October
NZ Primera & Pulsar Car Club
02-1244-0078132-000

Use your full name as a reference (or forum username if you wish)
Please indicate your choices by posting on here or emailing Conin@primeracarclub.co.nz

Track Day:
Saturday 20 October
Mike Pero Motorsport Park, Ruapuna
107 Hasketts Rd, Templeton, Christchurch

The event runs from 8am to 5pm, with four groups running fifteen minute sessions between about 9:30am and 4:30pm. We've booked out one entire group, to a maximum of fifteen cars. Expect 6-7 sessions over the course of the day.

Drivers, please arrive at the track between 8am and 8:45am. A full information email will be sent to those who confirm a spot, but the basic requirements are pretty simple:

Full cotton overalls
Helmet
A fire extinguisher with two metal straps bolted to a metal bracket or panel
Positive battery terminal must be covered (duct tape is fine if you're really bundy)
Current WOF, OR up to MSNZ Schedule A requirements

That's it! Unfortunately passengers are not allowed in un-caged cars, except in the lunch time cruise session.

Dinner:
Saturday 20 October
Cocopelli Pizza Bar
Time TBA

On the evening of the track day, we'll be having dinner at Cocopelli Gourmet Pizza Bar, which is located at the Palms shopping mall - 18 Marshland Rd Shirley. We've arranged a set menu, so if you've paid for the dinner option all you'll have to buy is drinks!

Show and Shine/Cruise
Sunday 21st October
Location TBA
10am - 11:30am

Kicking off at around 10am, and judged by all present, we'll be having a show and shine. Your entry ticket for this event is an event T-Shirt, available in package format or separately if you can't make it to Saturday's festivities. There will be a range of awesome prizes up for grabs from our sponsors, and plenty of excellent banter to be had while we collectively decide who has the:

Best Primera
Best Pulsar
Best Other
Best Interior
Best Engine
Best Wheels
Committee Choice

Kicking off from the Show and Shine venue, we'll cruise out in convoy to Akaroa HillTop Tavern for lunch and a closing ceremony of sorts for those heading home.

Transport

For those coming down from the Northern Isle, we have been in contact with BlueBridge Ferry and acquired the code for their latest deal - Book before 20th August and use the code SWEETER30 at checkout on a return fare to get 30% off. For one way fares, you can get 25% off using the code SWEET25. I realise this is very soon, after the 20th they'll have another code available for 25% off, which we'll post up here as soon as we can!

At this stage, we are in the process of arranging convoys down from Auckland and Wellington. If you've got a group of mates who are all keen, feel free to post up and join with any other groups heading down!

Keep tuned in for regular updates, and let us know if there's anything more you'd like to know!

-NZPPCC Committee

Kelzey

• Hi 😄
Re: South Island Annual Meet | Christchurch | 20-21 October 2018
« Reply #1 on: 31 August, 2018, 02:23:08 PM »
Thats awesome!!!! Have fun people!!!!! When will there be one in the north island haha??

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: 08 September, 2018, 09:17:39 PM »
I Cameron Morison, known to some as Morrisman1, hereby announce my intention to attend the NZPPCC inaugural South Island Motor Carriage National Gathering this October in Christchurch.

It would be my pleasure to attend the track day, and enjoy fine dining while dressed suitably in club attire. I have set my pigeon free, with directions to the club bank, with the prized sum of one hundred and sixty gold bullion.

We wish our Pigeon the best of luck, it has been trained well, and is the proud winner of 7 consecutive navigation championships. Please don't eat him, Fredrick knows his way home.

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
    • NZ Primera & Pulsar Car Club
« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2018, 10:40:00 PM »
I think you've been to one too many Motorsport NZ AGMs, Cam.
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

grim_reaper

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: 27 October, 2018, 08:54:30 PM »
Did this meet go ahead?  I haven't seen any posts during or after the weekend.