Author Topic: Anyone swapped a VE into a Attesa 4 door Pulsar?  (Read 132 times)

gbwelly

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
Anyone swapped a VE into a Attesa 4 door Pulsar?
« on: 30 July, 2018, 04:44:00 PM »
As per the title, has anyone investigated, or even done a VE swap into a 4WD Atessa Pulsar (HNN15)? Or a DET for that matter?

I have neither the space or capabilities to do this, but the idea of a 4WD N15 is intriguing.

They aren't good lookers, but nothing which couldn't be fixed with a few bits from a VZ-R/Autech Pulsar.

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
Re: Anyone swapped a VE into a Attesa 4 door Pulsar?
« Reply #1 on: 30 July, 2018, 09:55:28 PM »
You could start with a GA15 powered AWD 2 door hatch and put the VZR stuff onto it. But it begs the question as to why you want the AWD. Its a heavy setup, poor handling characteristics (it brings understeer to a whole new level). Increased drivetrain drag and complexity. Its not like a front wheel drive pulsar is that short on traction, especially if you throw $2000 at the gearbox to fit a cusco plate LSD.

The only reason to go AWD is because you are building a big horsepower monster, and then be prepared to sink upwards of around 20 grand into the drivetrain to bring it up to a suitable standard. Just go buy an Evo in that case.

unfortunately nissan missed the boat when it comes to AWD, with the exception of the GTR platform.

gbwelly

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #2 on: 31 July, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply, that was the sort of commentary I was hoping for. Does the GTiR suffer the same problems? Because the N15 is already an SR18 I figured it might be a fairly straightforward transplant.

pTen

• NZPPCC Sponsor
  • Part of the furniture
  • SR20VET T4 P10 Under Construction
« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2018, 08:55:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply, that was the sort of commentary I was hoping for. Does the GTiR suffer the same problems? Because the N15 is already an SR18 I figured it might be a fairly straightforward transplant.

Not exactly, The AWD used a different block so its not straight forward fitting a FWD block. You ether need to do a bit of grinding to the block for it to fit or do a VE head swap on a SR20DE/T AWD block