Author Topic: 1995 Nissan Sentra N14 information?  (Read 386 times)

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
1995 Nissan Sentra N14 information?
« on: 07 April, 2018, 04:52:07 PM »
My brother has just picked up an 95 Sentra N14 5spd manual for quite cheap  he told me it's a 1.6 but after close inspection I find out it's running a GA14DS engine  are these engines reliable? What's some good upgrades for handling an engine power? It's carburated  got no Rpm guage lol rolling on 13 inch hubcaps  but it's got a wof n rego my young brother can't complain for a cheap first car.will a P10 spoiler fit?are these cars just an rebaged Pulsar?  Any info will be great
« Last Edit: 08 April, 2018, 06:45:25 PM by Nissan 4 Eva »

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
    • NZ Primera & Pulsar Car Club
Re: 1995 Nissan Sentra N14 information?
« Reply #1 on: 11 April, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »
Yeah the Sentra is the NZ new version of the Pulsar, which is why it doesn't get bugger-all in the way of options (like a rev counter :o)

I've not heard of any reliability issues with the GA14DS, it sounds like it's a good option for his first car.

In terms of upgrades, there's not much that is worth doing to the engine; he may want to consider an engine transplant with a GA16DE (easy) or an SR20 (hard). If I was in his shoes, I'd get the handling sorted, primarily by undoing 25 years of wear & tear: replace the worn-out shocks & springs, replace the worn-out suspension bushes, treat the brakes to decent pads, new discs & fluid, and then splurge on some new wheels with high-quality tyres.
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #2 on: 11 April, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »
Will any Ga16DE fit in? I saw a cheap one for sale out of a automatic N15 pulsar will it bolt straight on to the sentras gear box or do I need a N15 setup? So far where managed to find a strut bar out of a wrecked P11 don't know if it will fit as just got it tonight ,swapped the 13 inch mags for my old p11 Gxe 15inch factory  alloys with new supercat tyres which is a big upgrade  in the suspension department what's the best springs /shocks to go for? Cobra,Kings,tein etc   also browsing through trade we saw a Coby exhaust quite cheap  will this net us a couple of Xtra Horses or just give the Sentra a nice rumble? Cheerz

gbwelly

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #3 on: 12 April, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »
swapped the 13 inch mags for my old p11 Gxe 15inch factory  alloys with new supercat tyres which is a big upgrade
I might be losing my marbles, but isn't a P11 4x114.3mm PCD and a N14 Sentra 4x100? Are you sure they fit ok?

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #4 on: 12 April, 2018, 05:32:34 PM »
Sorry they might be off either my old P11 Gxe or my old N15 Vzr got too much alloys laying around fits perfect  but I've noticed some play in the front left hub  could this be a loose axle nut or hub bearing?