Author Topic: N15 Pulsar Vzr Clutch Replacement and bolt Torque settings  (Read 361 times)

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
N15 Pulsar Vzr Clutch Replacement and bolt Torque settings
« on: 04 March, 2018, 02:40:14 PM »
Hey ppl just wanting to know if they sold a n15 Vzr manual I'm wanting to replace my clutch   this will be the first time I'll be replacing a clutch  Do I have to take out both Driveshafts out of Gearbox? Any advice or step by step instructions will be great

pTen

• NZPPCC Sponsor
  • Part of the furniture
  • SR20VET T4 P10 Under Construction
Re: N15 Pulsar Vzr Clutch Replacement and bolt Torque settings
« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2018, 09:18:37 AM »
VZR only came in manual, clutch kit will be the same as FWD primera, Pulsar gti/GT ect.

You have to remove the driveshafts from the hub, but you dont have to from the gearbox. But the job is a lot easier with them removed.

Make sure you get the flywheel skimmed. Dont just simply throw a new clutch in.

Some clutch kits will require you to modify the clutch cable bracket or use spacers to space out the grommet to allow more adjustment. I had to with my Exedy kit and i redrilled new holes in the bracket to space the cable out more to allow adjustment.

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #2 on: 06 March, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »
Thanks  yeah I brought a Excedy clutch from super cheap. Hope it fits. Do you know what size socket to get of the hub nut?

gbwelly

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #3 on: 09 March, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »
Before you go replacing the clutch, what symptoms lead you to believe it needs replacing?

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #4 on: 10 March, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »
It's not going into gear when I put it in reverse it makes a crunching noise    I can start the car in 1st gear and it drives  but don't wanna damage the car. Does these symptoms sound like a damaged clutch or gear box?

gbwelly

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Here for the food
« Reply #5 on: 10 March, 2018, 07:09:11 PM »
Have you confirmed the clutch cable hasn't snapped? When in first gear and moving, does depressing the clutch result in any loss of power? It might just need adjusting to make sure it fully releases? I saw in your other post you were driving it, parked for a while and then it would no longer work, that doesn't sound like a worn out clutch to me.

Nissan 4 Eva

• Here for the food
« Reply #6 on: 13 March, 2018, 07:08:27 PM »
When I depress the clutch it's making clicking noise. It seems to be operating the cable by the transmission