Author Topic: p10 4wd manual conversion  (Read 480 times)

smokeyp10

• Kevin O
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Forum Lurker
p10 4wd manual conversion
« on: 12 October, 2017, 07:37:30 PM »
thinking about getting a p10 4wd with a stuffed auto gearbox how hard is to do manual conversion if possible and what car to use for a doner vehicle and what about sr20det conversion

pTen

• NZPPCC Sponsor
  • Part of the furniture
  • SR20VET T4 P10 Under Construction
Re: p10 4wd manual conversion
« Reply #1 on: 14 October, 2017, 08:55:06 AM »
If you want to do a DET and a manual conversion, Ether a full GTiR front cut/car or Bluebird U12/U13

Brotangp104lyf

• Here for the food
« Reply #2 on: 17 July, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »
Hi, I have an attessa w10 det aviner and thought about a manual conversion as well. After some research I decided for the $$$ it wasn't worth it as the manual g/boxes are just too weak, expensive, hard to find and the aviner never came manual so not as easy conversion as the primera. Instead I'm looking at modifying the auto. ( most drag cars are auto I figured so must be a way to make it quick ). Found there's a ton of ways to mod an auto after always considering them inferior to manual I'd never really looked into it. I'm building it as a tourer more than a racer so reliability's my biggest concern. Valve body and torque converter upgrades can get you a quick shifting, hard launching beast for much less work the only downside really is ya can't crash start but who is Gunnar push a 4wd up to crash start speed anyway? Takes 2 to get it rolling!
18 years, 600k, still going strong on the 91  p10 with the sr18di, where's that proverbial Honda gone the old girls hungry again

pTen

• NZPPCC Sponsor
  • Part of the furniture
  • SR20VET T4 P10 Under Construction
« Reply #3 on: 19 July, 2018, 03:26:59 PM »
Hi, I have an attessa w10 det aviner and thought about a manual conversion as well. After some research I decided for the $$$ it wasn't worth it as the manual g/boxes are just too weak, expensive, hard to find and the aviner never came manual so not as easy conversion as the primera. Instead I'm looking at modifying the auto. ( most drag cars are auto I figured so must be a way to make it quick ). Found there's a ton of ways to mod an auto after always considering them inferior to manual I'd never really looked into it. I'm building it as a tourer more than a racer so reliability's my biggest concern. Valve body and torque converter upgrades can get you a quick shifting, hard launching beast for much less work the only downside really is ya can't crash start but who is Gunnar push a 4wd up to crash start speed anyway? Takes 2 to get it rolling!

The GTiR/Bluebird box is more than enough for the avenir SR20DET.