Author Topic: Post your motorsport videos here!  (Read 15675 times)

madandy

• wannabe racer
  • Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • CB900F Hornet!
Re: Post your motorsport videos here!
« Reply #30 on: 12 June, 2012, 09:38:39 PM »
Good video!
old, fat & slow - not as slow as you though.

R3SPCT

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #31 on: 12 June, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »
Got tired of the "give it a rev video" that started playing everytime i open this thread, deleted the post sorry Photoglossy....

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: 13 June, 2012, 07:34:15 AM »
Got tired of the "give it a rev video" that started playing everytime i open this thread, deleted the post sorry Photoglossy....

thank you very much! And I see that now with that video gone the rest of the videos are showing up for me now.

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: 17 June, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »
I was getting restless waiting for the new season so I hired the track and went out for one last hurrah before the car gets pulled apart.

Took ma mum out for a spin (literally). She loved it.

Laps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA6Lvw-ASNs&feature=youtu.be

Spin:

Edit: I dont know why both videos aren't embedding but can anyone help with this?
« Last Edit: 18 June, 2012, 10:01:24 AM by morrisman1 »

Brandon

• Unpaid Subs Members
  • Part of the furniture
  • Brandon "Snapz"
« Reply #34 on: 18 June, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
Love the casualness once you end up in the grass  :P
Pretty much just like "well not much I can do, I'll just wait till it stops" lmao awesome stuff
It still doesnt feel 'that' fast

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: 12 August, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
Had first round of clubsport today. Heres a video of one of the runs. Unfortunatley Invercargill is not immune to the bad weather and it was drizzly all day. Meant for a wet track but no significant standing water. The Silverstone FTZ type RR tyres held out well. They didnt warm up at all but grip levels were still acceptable with most lack of traction resulting from the open diff.

I did this in my road car seeing the race car project isn't ready yet. Just a trusty GA16DE. N14 sentra in full road trim, with the 2.1/4" side exit exhaust and 4-1 headers.

Overall result, well Im not 100% sure but looking at the times, I was mid 1:35 and winner was 1:32. Most vehicles were around 1:41. I was 0.2s faster than a Nissan EXA with ca16de and LSD, race tyres and stripped out. The car was fastest on one of the motorkhana tracks, and right up there on the other. Good news for the coming season!!!

R3SPCT

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #36 on: 12 August, 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
Wow that looks fun.  What track is that?  Are all the narrow bits built for this type of event?  Or is it just the camera making it look narrow?

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: 12 August, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »
They are the in-field roads at Teretonga Park at Invercargill. Obviously out to the main track in the later stages to finish going backwards through the pit lane. Good setup and keeps you on your toes, thats for sure. The pit roads aren't built for this but seem to suit it quite well as there are a few combinations that can be used to keep it fresh every meeting. There is a limit of 100m on the straights to keep people's speed down which is why there is a chicane in the middle of the main straight.

rusty mccaw

« Reply #38 on: 14 August, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
course/cone lay-out is on the average side (allgood if you know your way around) but looks like a great fun lil event/meeting and the Ga sounds the goods hitting the rev limit on a couple ocasions  8)

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: 14 August, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »
I had to have a chuckle to myself when two people asked me if it was turbo, and I overheard another person saying how good it was to see a GTi sedan out racing. I didn't tell them it was just a measly 1600

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
Nissan Sentra Sprint Teretonga
« Reply #40 on: 09 September, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »
Today's event, doused in water and thunder and hail and everything that nature could throw at us bar sunshine. Not too bad result, got 7th for the sprint out of 25. In the morning's gymkhana I was set for 2nd out of 35 until we got to the reversing track which involved some muddy stuff on the side of the track, times were all over the place and those who were down there first got good times, us at the end got shocking times as the grass had turned to mud, that knocked me back down to 7th for the gymkhana.

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
    • NZ Primera & Pulsar Car Club
« Reply #41 on: 09 October, 2012, 08:00:34 AM »
Had my first competitive outing in the rally car on Sunday, a tarmac hillclimb at Quine rd in Tahuna.  I came in 3rd FWD in the 1600cc class, not bad for a newbie!

Second run of the day:

Third (and fastest) run of the day:

Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

morrisman1

• NZPPCC Paid Member
  • Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: 09 October, 2012, 06:02:40 PM »
Nice. Quite a short run but looks real fun being a road track. I wanna get into a bit of that too. What kind of car is that?

more_fasterer

• Gravel thrasher
  • Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • VZ-Rally Pulsar build in progress...
    • NZ Primera & Pulsar Car Club
« Reply #43 on: 09 October, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »
It's a Mivec Mirage hatch, set up for gravel
Kieran: thank you for being amazing... Have my babies.

Pete

« Reply #44 on: 12 October, 2012, 04:27:09 PM »